Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chris Benoit and Wife found dead (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435898)

EvanJC 06-26-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
http://prowrestling.about.com/od/wha...lersdeaths.htm

can we get a list of popular wrestlers from the 1980-1995 who are still alive? I cant believe how many are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake the Snake is my Myspace friend

pauliewalnuts 06-26-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The difference is that, since the rise of the internet, the wrestling business has been much more candid in the personalities of its workers (i.e. HHH = burial) and backstage politics. It's difficult to keep such things under wraps for such a long time through so many different organizations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly does that mean? That his reputation has been tarnished over the past few years?

___SK___ 06-26-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SK,

I think that regardless of what the facts of the situation turn out to be, it's pretty classless for WWE to react to the reports at this time w/ that release trying to distance their organization from any allegations of steroid use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret Hart is/was on MSNBC and said he hopes this doesnt get pinned on steriod. He also said there were deeper issues with Benoit, whom he knew for 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were any of these issues Hart discussed on any of these ultra-informative insider message boards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, as i posted Hart was being interviewed.

CallMeIshmael 06-26-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Nash

[/ QUOTE ]

Best player in the NBA

gusmahler 06-26-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The difference is that, since the rise of the internet, the wrestling business has been much more candid in the personalities of its workers (i.e. HHH = burial) and backstage politics. It's difficult to keep such things under wraps for such a long time through so many different organizations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly does that mean? That his reputation has been tarnished over the past few years?

[/ QUOTE ]

That HHH has so much backstage power (even before he married the owner's daughter), that he can bury someone's career, if he wanted to.

DonkeyKongSr 06-26-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HHH buries people. As Vince McMahon's son-in-law, he's basically the heir to the company and already has massive influence over who gets to be the superstars of wrestling. It used to be that if Vince hated you, you were screwed. Now it's if Vince or HH hates you, you are screwed.

tuq 06-26-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Steve Nash

[/ QUOTE ]

Best player in the NBA

[/ QUOTE ]
LDO

Dynasty 06-26-2007 09:52 PM

Chris Benoit's text messages have been released on the WWE website.

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

VickreyAuction 06-26-2007 10:05 PM

McMahon apologized for yesterday's tribute at beginning of the show tonight, and basically said that they weren't going to mention Benoit on the rest of the show (which goes from Friday's show as well). Then it went directly into John Cena's entrance, and a Cena vs Johnny Nitro (which Cena will obviously win).

4thstreetpete 06-26-2007 10:05 PM

wow! that is creepy.