Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366371)

JordanIB 05-12-2007 02:39 PM

Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

Willie's not the type to ditch Newhan just yet.

The bench is short, especially with Valentin out and injuries creeping up with Alou.

We're gonna need Newhan to be a serviceable option in the middle innings.

Needle77 05-12-2007 02:44 PM

Yeah, Newhan is going to have to be a big contributor during the summer months.

I didn't think that they would pinch hit for Sheets especially after a lead off single but considering how he was pitching to finish the 5th I feel like the Mets could get a nice inning here in the 6th. Even against Reyes he was a tad wild just Reyes went back to his free swinging ways.

JordanIB 05-12-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Newhan is going to have to be a big contributor during the summer months.

I didn't think that they would pinch hit for Sheets especially after a lead off single but considering how he was pitching to finish the 5th I feel like the Mets could get a nice inning here in the 6th. Even against Reyes he was a tad wild just Reyes went back to his free swinging ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was a horrid AB from Reyes. I think he was a little too pumped up after the HR.

Needle77 05-12-2007 03:05 PM

Wow, a pitcher that can field his position.

Needle77 05-12-2007 03:19 PM

WTF. Didn't that hit counsell's fingers while they were holding the bat? So that is a HBP?

Needle77 05-12-2007 03:28 PM

Met's next time you feel like gift wrapping a game for a team let us know. That way Alou can't get hurt and we don't have to use up our bullpen. Thanks.

wh1t3bread 05-13-2007 12:44 PM

Well the Mike Pelfrey show is officially over...for now. Pelfrey sent down and Gomez called up, Thursday's starter is uncertain.

Calling up Gomez also means that Alou is probably not in good shape at all. Although they have 4 days to figure out who's going to start on Thursday so bringing up another pitcher right now wouldn't make sense anyway.

wh1t3bread 05-13-2007 12:48 PM

Gomez is also in the starting lineup today vs Capuano. Reyes, Easley, Beltran, Wright, Franco, Casto, Chavez, Gomez.

Needle77 05-13-2007 01:07 PM

With Pelfrey going down and no one in AAA showing anything we could have a Kevin Mulvey sighting. He was their 1st pick last year and is out of Nova. I saw him pitch at Nova and he was dominating.

So I guess Thursday looks like Sele, Park, Humber, or Mulvy. I'd lean towards Sele starting though.

Hopefully Gomez can get a spark today. And Easley batting second over Chavez? Anyone else find that odd?

Needle77 05-13-2007 01:15 PM

Oh no, Perez is wild to start the game.