Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Never trust anyone pt. 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347224)

Boquense 03-07-2007 06:20 AM

Re: Never trust anyone pt. 2

Whether Grim deserves this or not is immaterial...

I just think it's kind of funny that thousands of people simultaneously wished for KARMA to exact itself on a guy and it happened within a couple of months.

towery 03-07-2007 06:24 AM

this is obv a prop bet of some sort

aramfingal 03-07-2007 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No one can picture two [censored] sitting in a hotel room giggling about their 'master plan' to 'fool' 2+2 right before they have butt sex?

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, not before, during.

hasugopher 03-07-2007 07:58 AM

As far as I'm concerned, rick's post changes absolutely nothing. If he did rob Grim (which I'm pretty confident he did, but I doubt anything is proved one way or another), of course he is going to come on here and make a cool-sounding, well-written post which has the basic gist of 'I don't know what he's talking about, I'm innocent!'.

Seriously, think about it.

Rigel 03-07-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I'm concerned, rick's post changes absolutely nothing. If he did rob Grim (which I'm pretty confident he did, but I doubt anything is proved one way or another), of course he is going to come on here and make a cool-sounding, well-written post which has the basic gist of 'I don't know what he's talking about, I'm innocent!'.

Seriously, think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I'd add that if I were Rick and had been falsely accused of being a thief in front of a good chunk of the poker world, I'd have a lot more vigorous response, likely incuding hiring an attorney.

edfurlong 03-07-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I'd add that if I were Rick and had been falsely accused of being a thief in front of a good chunk of the poker world, I'd have a lot more vigorous response, likely incuding hiring an attorney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

baltostar 03-07-2007 09:41 AM

What blows me away about this thread is some high % of you assume rick305's guilt without stepping back and trying to be objective, being a sleuth, thinking about this like a crime novel or flic. It's like you're blinded by grimstarr's poker abilities.

rick305's statement has a couple peculiarities, such as letting a friend use his 2p2 account (when it takes 1 min for anyone with an email to create a 2p2 account, and 1 min for anyone to get a yahoo email). Also, wouldn't grimstarr have rick305's cell phone #? Wouldn't he call him when he noticed the money missing? Assuming rick305 is innocent, why would it take to long for rick305 to find out what went down?

But grimstarr's story has some peculiarities as well.

First, if grimstarr was travelling with rick305, and was "lucky enough" to have met his extended family, hung out with him and other 2p2ers, then he must have thought he was a pretty good guy, which is actually a character reference for rick305. So do we believe grimstarr have some sort of fatal attraction where he subconsciously seeks out scumbags? Or is there another explanation?

grimstarr says that the thief called the hotel and cancelled the reservations. Strange ... why on earth would a thief do that? If you swipe $130K and find you got a cell in the deal, you immediately throw it in the trash - if you have any brains at all, which rick305 does (examine his posts).

Another plausible explanation is that grimstarr made up this fact to tie a specific person to the crime, maybe even cancelling the reservations himself. If hotel doesn't record its phone calls, we'll never know.

Second, grimstarr claims rick305 stole the money at 5am. How would grimstarr know it was 5am unless he was awake? If awake, he must have been preoccupied.

So preoccupied he didn't notice $130K saying goodbye? Maybe he was in the bathroom, but maybe there were other persons in the room. Young guys on a road trip ... hookers does strike me as a likely possibility. But we all know that hookers have the highest moral standards, so that can't be the explanation.

Also, consider the circumstances of what went down. It's not entirely unknown for professional thiefs to target gamblers seen winning large sums of money. Especially if they look like a naiive young kid (I don't know if grimstarr looks like this, but from what others have said, it's a possibility).

When you add-in that grimstarr was being very careless with his money, another explanation becomes very plausible.

Rethink on this one.

nutsflopper 03-07-2007 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So do we believe grimstarr have some sort of fatal attraction where he subconsciously seeks out scumbags?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we believe like attracts like, obv.

Rigel 03-07-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm referring to a defamation lawsuit. If you make your living playing poker, being accused of being a thief in front of the poker world is not a minor thing.

TheGrasshopper 03-07-2007 10:21 AM

Is there any way for me to change my name on 2+2 to ShovetheRivero?