Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=161006)

SixthSense 08-11-2006 02:10 PM

Re: Table Formatting: Condition

[ QUOTE ]
after you use the pt aggregator do you have to re-configure SS in order for it to use it?

SS seems to see only a small part of the hands i have in my databases (PA Hud is seeing them all).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, there is currently a usuability bug with PTAggregator. As soon as you configure & run PTAgg, SS switches over to use that database. The problem is, it will take probably several hours until PTAgg is populated. I'm working to fix this in the next build. For now, you can start PT Agg, then delete your "ptagg configuration settings" file so that SS scores using your databases directly.

-Ben

SixthSense 08-11-2006 02:11 PM

Re: Importing Custom Search Rules

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a quick question,

which other sites are you planning to add in the near future?

This will help me plan my next move [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute, FullTilt, and next I think is Paradise.

drogo 08-11-2006 02:14 PM

is there a way to make it ignore pt agg and get back to the databases to search for players?

ok. thanks for the quick response!

SixthSense 08-11-2006 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to make it ignore pt agg and get back to the databases to search for players?

ok. thanks for the quick response!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you saw this, but yes, delete the "ptagg configuration settings" file in your SS directory.

-Ben

evabrighton 08-11-2006 03:59 PM

Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

Just got it and love it...except it doesnt work...
Tested connection with db and that was fine...

But I just get blank numbers ...it says "0" everywhere...

No error message in the log file...

It took me well over 3 hours to configure the DB (i have postgres) and I have tested the connection and everything...

What am I missing?

SixthSense 08-11-2006 05:42 PM

Build 38 of Sixth Sense has just been posted.

If you have had trouble in the past configuring SS, this should be MUCH EASIER. It has a system of automatically detecting your databases.

Release Notes:

v1.0.0.38 - 8/11/06

- Changed: All database(s) are now configured from the "Configure Databases" menu/button
- There are no longer seperate menus for "Select PT Database" and "Config Mult Databases"
- PT Aggregator now gets its settings from this dialog also
- If you have problems, be sure to open this dialog and check everything
is correct and do a "Save & Close"
- CHANGED: PT Agg no longer has a configuration dialog. It uses the settings
it finds from Sixth Sense.
- "PTAgg Configuration Settings" file is no longer needed
- Added: New option in Config Database dialog to only use PTAgg database
AFTER the first scan is complete
- Fixed: PTAgg now reports the stats for WHICH database it is importing
- NOTE: The estimated finish time can be WAY OFF if one database is real big
and the other small, etc.
- Known Bugs: PTAgg STILL HAS A MEMORY LEAK.
- Workaround: Simply shut it down & restart it. It will pick up where it left off.
- If you leave it running on a big job it will chew up a LOT of memory. Its
best to watch it.
- This will be fixed in a future build.

-Ben

P.S. Let me know if you find any bugs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flintoff 08-11-2006 05:42 PM

I have a suggestion.

Is there any way you can colour the tables you are sat at on the table list?

xGREGORx 08-11-2006 06:57 PM

some general, probably stupid, ?'s.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I assume the Avg VPIP, Avg PFR, AvgPot columns in the table list come from your scans of Party - correct?

What are the User, Buddy columns for in the table list? Buddy I assume is how many of my buddies are at that table? Is the User column how many SS users are at the table?

What is the Data column for?

What do the times in the Updated column indicate? The time since SS's last scan of Party, but I still need to do frequent refreshes? Or is it the time since a last automatic refresh of my screen? For example, I've been datamining for ~1 hour and the times in the Updated column all say 1-2 mins, but I haven't hit the refresh button in that hour.

The individual players stats in the Player window come from my database - correct?

I know your fish score equation is proprietary but is it calculated mostly based on my database stats of players at a particular table? (ie. we will get more reliable fish scores the more complete our database?)

I think I recall somewhere your fish score equation was derived based on limit holdem data - correct? If so, a feature where a user could select different fish score equations based on game would be cool. I can think of four - limit FR/6max, and NL FR/6max. Or is that thinking totally way off base? Of course I know I could do my own custom scoring rules as well.

teddyFBI 08-11-2006 07:13 PM

1) Why does PTAGG automatically detect PT DBs now? I don't like that one bit. I have old DBs that I keep around to view stats for some time, but which I don't want figuring into how I presently select tables...I also have a lot of non-Party DBs...I don't want PTAGG to spend any time looking at those (unless it takes a quick look and sees they're not party DBs so ignores them). The previous method was just fine -- how much easier can you get then a set of checkboxes?? Why change it?

EDIT: oh, wait, you're talking about SS there, not PTAGG...I see...well same question goes then I guess...SS isn't going to automatically assume you want to use ALL the DBs on your hard drive is it?

2) You should also make it so that SS "remembers" the ordering of the tables it finds, and MORE IMPORTANTLY the order of the Player Fields if the user switches them around (like I did). E.g. I like the lower PLAYERS window to show Player/VPIP/HANDS/Fish as the first 4 columns...so I drag and drop them how I want, but when i close down SS and reopen it, they're back in the default positions...same goes for the upper window...I wanted them always sorted by Table stakes (aka Limit)...whatever the settings are when the user closes SS should be how SS appears when it's re-opened.

p.s. i'm finally getting SS to work like i want it to...good job.

Isura 08-12-2006 02:54 AM

Nice program. Is there an explanation of how the fish score (default for NL 6-max) is calculated?