Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

Jack of Arcades 11-13-2007 01:38 PM

Re: Guitar Hero III

Yeah, I can't shift. It's like.. my fingers can't stay on the buttons. Say I'm doing a YO chord. I have my middle finger and pinkie on the fret and nothing else. So when it's time to shift I don't know where my fingers are, and it takes too long to do a quick succession of notes because I have to tap the button instead of just push it down. I suck. [censored] you, orange note!

MuresanForMVP 11-13-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can't shift. It's like.. my fingers can't stay on the buttons. Say I'm doing a YO chord. I have my middle finger and pinkie on the fret and nothing else. So when it's time to shift I don't know where my fingers are, and it takes too long to do a quick succession of notes because I have to tap the button instead of just push it down. I suck. [censored] you, orange note!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always funny reading about the troubles of early-stage GH players because I used to experience the EXACT SAME THINGS. It's just like looking into the past. Trust me when I say it's all about practice, and when you get it you dont think about the placement, you just have a feel for it. Just keep on keepin' on

vulturesrow 11-13-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YO chord and orange note are currently the bane of my guitar hero existence...FU orange fret!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Jack of Arcades 11-13-2007 04:31 PM

lol yeah, I've only been playing guitar hero for like 3 days

The_Taj 11-13-2007 04:49 PM

Poker; Guitar Hero. There's no difference. At first you may not be so good, but eventually, you find your rhythm, your game.

lol sorry had to copy negreanu in that pokerstars commercial

TheCroShow 11-13-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YO chord and orange note are currently the bane of my guitar hero existence...FU orange fret!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

YO i like using my index and ring finger. i picked up my controller to see how i use it, my gf looked at me wondering what i was doing..so i pretended to play and i asked if she liked my song....silence...

bottomset 11-13-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YO i like using my index and ring finger

[/ QUOTE ]

you shift that far down?

TheSalche 11-14-2007 12:25 AM

For alt strumming - do you guys grab the strummer between your thumb and index finger and just move down and up fast?

MuresanForMVP 11-14-2007 03:11 AM

so I've been playing a lot of battle lately, and have been trying to figure out methods of mastering Lefty Flip,among the other powerups. What I've found is that if I'm on the same difficulty level as my opponent and they use Amp Overload or Lefty Flip on me all I do is hold my powerups (if I have them) and just look at their fretboard. so far it's worked like a charm, as opposed to mashing, turning around,watching the notes,etc.

Also, at certain points in songs it becomes pointless to try and make someone fail; so when I reach a certain thresh hold I just hold on to my powerups. the most valuable being the whammy bar as it automatically takes the death drain powerup away from them for at least one SP phrase. The broken string also takes it away the vast majority of the time.

Anyone else out there have any tips or tricks they use in battle?

Clayton 11-14-2007 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I've reached a wall. The japan venue on hard. Tried two songs and can't beat either of them even after spending an hour in practice mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, the exact same happened to me today. however I am able to beat one of the four songs, forgot which one but it's one of the two current hard rock groups (prob disturbed)