Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231550)

TheRover 10-18-2006 02:29 AM

Re: ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Bobo is not AcesHigh. AcesHigh was Karpinski. Bobo and Karpinski played in many a POG game against each other

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

BobOjedaFan 10-18-2006 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bottom line is if we hit these 2 games we win

pitching has been as adequate as could be expected based on the injuries

If you told me the Mets were giving up 4 runs tonight, i would have taken it. We should be scoring at least 5 per game with this offense. Even with game 4 we are hitting like .230 this series. and no situational hitting

Franco should have pinch hit for green when the lefty came in. Green should not be facing lefties late in the game. This is why Milledge should have been on the postseason roster.

David Wright finally has a big hit in the 8th. He has been pressing for sure.

If Maine pitches decent, i think the Mets win game 6.
As Bobo said, Carpenter is beatable on the road

7-4 with a 4.70 on the road this year compared to 8-4 with a 1.84 at busch.

My prediction
Mets 7 Cards 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Mets, you can't say this. Chris Carpenter will win tommorow because his name is Chris Carpenter, lol.

metsandfinsfan 10-18-2006 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Bobo is not AcesHigh. AcesHigh was Karpinski. Bobo and Karpinski played in many a POG game against each other

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about StupidAcesHigh then yes. StupidAceshigh was Andrewkarpinski and a bunch of other names as well, including kaz the original and noamchowsky.
If you are talking about someone else then sorry

Bobojeda fan is a guy from long island that some 2+2ers from the Puzzles and Games forum have met in real life

So yes I am pretty sure that Bobojedafan does not equal aceshigh

BobOjedaFan 10-18-2006 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about StupidAcesHigh then yes. StupidAceshigh was Andrewkarpinski and a bunch of other names as well, including kaz the original and noamchowsky.
If you are talking about someone else then sorry

Bobojeda fan is a guy from long island that some 2+2ers from the Puzzles and Games forum have met in real life

So yes I am pretty sure that Bobojedafan does not equal aceshigh

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH THAT AND IM NOT A TROLL. Everything i said is statistically a fact. You'd think a poker forum could get this, jesus christ.

Ditch Digger 10-18-2006 03:12 AM

Bob, you may not be a troll but you sure as hell post like one.

MyTurn2Raise 10-18-2006 05:14 AM

I believe I accused BobO of being Karpinski at some point in OOT

wh1t3bread 10-18-2006 08:33 AM

BobO & Challenger,

I suggest the two of you figure out how to PM each other instead of having a [censored] measuring contest in this thread from now on. It's getting old.

JordanIB 10-18-2006 08:46 AM

Alright, I'm going on message board and media blackout until 8:19 PM tonight.

Can't take the talk and the crap anymore...just want to see them play again.

LET'S GO METS!

prohornblower 10-18-2006 08:58 AM

lol @ Mets. "The New Mets!" lol.

The NL Central is so bad that the Mets can't even beat the worst Cardinal team to get to the postseason in 3 years.

mother_brain 10-18-2006 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have averaged almost 28 posts per day for the past 6 months straight. Its hard to believe how much you have single handedly lowered the quality of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry making comments backed by statistics that are always correct bothers you so much.

List of assonine statements I've made...

1)The Mets are better than the Cardinals (96 wins vs 83)
2)Carpenter isn't good on the Road (4.50 Road ERA)
3)The Cardinals are a a bad team (.516 wp% in the worst division in a far weaker leagure)
4)Suppan @ home is better than Carpenter on the Road (ERA in the 2's)
5)Oliver Perez didn't pitch well in Game 4 (gave up hits to ever other batter, gave up 5 runs, and couldnt even get through 6 with a huge lead)

...But since I say thing people wish weren't true, I'm a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Well the cards have won more games in the past 3 years, so maybe they're the better team. The Cards have also won more games since the playoffs started, so maybe they're the better team.
2) How many times has Carp had two poor road starts in a row?
3) I know this is hard to understand but, this is not the same cards team that played 162 games during the regular season. They set a franchise record for wins in april with Pujols on pace to break every offensive record there is. They then got hit by a string of injuries to key players that even now isnt completely over, though much better.

Here's a key point... the cards injuries hit them earlier in the year and are now, for the most part, are straightened out. The mets injuries hit them a week or two before the playoffs started and have left them in a mess of a situation.

Here's a key point... this mets team may very well be better than the Cards team. But something you fail to grasp is that at the moment the two teams are very close in ability, despite what their season win totals point to.

Have you really not been able to watch this series and see how close these teams are matched up? I know its really hard for u but all you have to say is boy this Cardinals team doesnt suck as bad as its 83 win total would indicate.

You see, the cardinals spend most every year in october so we know how injuries to key players at key times can hurt. Carp in 2004, Rolen and Walker in 2005. The mets smell around the playoffs once or twice a decade, so its hard for you to understand.