Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [cheese] thread: SEPT #2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501705)

orange 09-28-2007 11:33 PM

Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: SEPT #2

congrats te!

ajmargarine 09-28-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so anyone ever heard of this heard of this guy??? this is his im he jsut sen to me:

[ QUOTE ]

hey, friend reccomended u... cake games are off tonite and i am trying to get money on stars... if u could.. i would pay 10% vig. and send monies first

ty

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is there arent ANY players i talk to on here (outside the forums threads) and i've NEVER swapped money with anyone.... scammer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any reason to do it.

If anyone else is getting this pm, let us know.

UptownExpress 09-28-2007 11:38 PM

seem to have made it up to small stakes. swongs are crazy at nl100. lost 4 bi today, only to have 5 bi upswing. some hands

my aa vs ak ai on k42 flop ak good
my aj vs aq ai on aj6 flop aq good
my ak vs a8 ai on a37 flop a8 good

all these pots were $150 +
and somehow I am up this session

i should add add i won a with ak vs kk preflop for 200bb so i wasn't running that bad.

UptownExpress 09-28-2007 11:40 PM

now i have to convert all these fpps. wish i had fkn rakeback this sucks.

cs3 09-28-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so anyone ever heard of this heard of this guy??? this is his im he jsut sen to me:

[ QUOTE ]

hey, friend reccomended u... cake games are off tonite and i am trying to get money on stars... if u could.. i would pay 10% vig. and send monies first

ty

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is there arent ANY players i talk to on here (outside the forums threads) and i've NEVER swapped money with anyone.... scammer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any reason to do it.

If anyone else is getting this pm, let us know.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, im definitely NOT going to, im just giving everyone a heads up on this guy.

i wrote back "which friend?"

Keyser. 09-28-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm capping off the biggest downswing of my life with getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow morning, so my month is over unless I want to play on vicodin this weekend. Its like the ultimate beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had mine out last month, it's not that bad.

Pat Southern 09-29-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Just got the Dell3007 monitor.
Beat: My computer/video card doesn't support the max resolution and lags like a mother [censored]
Variance: Just ordered a new computer from Dell so I can use the monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You only needed a GFX card with dual-link support. I bought HP's 30" too, and I get it in few days, hollaa.

They have the same panels, HP has better inputs and is cheaper tho. Then again, Dell's a bit cuter.

How's the monitor so far, dead pixels or anything crappy?

[/ QUOTE ]

My desktop was 4 years old (got it when I left for college) and was starting to get kinda slow and annoying. I'm guessing the new computer will pay for itself within a month or two because I'll be more likely to play with a really good/fast setup.

Double Eagle 09-29-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the new computer will pay for itself within a month or two because I'll be more likely to play with a really good/fast setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out, the 20k hand per month barrier is in danger of being shattered...

Pat Southern 09-29-2007 12:20 AM

I'm never making big calls again.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $196.00
BB: $223.65
UTG: $373.30
MP: $199.40
Hero (CO): $264.55
BTN: $188.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $22.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $15.00

Flop: ($46) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $36.00</font>, Hero calls $36.00

Turn: ($118) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $138.00</font>, Hero calls $138.00

River: ($394) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $394.00 ($3 Rake)

SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON (+$195.00)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and LOST (-$196.00)

Xanta 09-29-2007 12:30 AM

I hate poker so much. Villain berated me the previous hand in chat.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $329.75
Hero (BB): $269.65
UTG: $206.00
CO: $568.52
BTN: $115.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($7) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, CO calls $6.00, BTN calls $6.00

Turn: ($25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $14.00

River: ($53) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $24.00</font>, BTN calls $24.00

Pot Size: $101.00 ($2 Rake)

BTN had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight Five to Nine) and WON (+$3.50)
Hero had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight Five to Nine) and WON (+$3.50)

aislephive 09-29-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I have a 22" widescreen Acer TFT and a 21" HP CRT. The 22" is my main screen and I play poker on just that screen. I resize the tables a little through FullTiltShortcuts which means playing 6-tables is totally sweet and no overlap but I often have 7 or even 8 tables open for the purpose of table selecting (closing 1 or 2 after deciding which is best).

So the CRT is really big and ugly. It works fine but I'm starting to hate it. Do I buy another 22" Acer (270 euro) or a 24" Samsung (470 euro). I can't go for a 24" Acer because it doesn't have DVI.

The 24" has a higher resolution allowing me to do what I normally do but have no overlap at any time. It'll also give me a better 'tv' screen like that. I have a kickass DLP projector but I'm not using it in my current living situation.

I can't decide. Do I go for the frugal option or the baller option?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much more is the Dell 3007 (the 30 inch)? It really is worth the cost if it's near your price-range, imo.

eh I guess with one 22 inch already it might not be ideal for you. I used to have monitors that didn't match exactly in size and it bothered me some, not sure if you're anal like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

30 inchers are 3 times more expensive than that 24" Samsung. Not looking for such an investment. Right now I'm debating whether the 24" is worth the investment.

Symmetry is nice, yeah, but I'm sure the 24" is nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find the 3007wfp on Ebay brand new for around $1200 which isn't too bad. I paid around $550 for the 24" Samsung (although I had to replace it with the new 24" HP because it wasn't VESA compatitable). So it's probably a little over twice what a 24" monitor would cost. You likely need to get another video card though if you want to run the max resolution, so yeah it is a bit of an investment. I'm planning on getting one at some point soon though.

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Want to do a hand prop bet for October. 50k hands for maybe $1k? pm me if you are interested and are a trusted reg.

[/ QUOTE ]hey. I'd def be interested. Sending pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking for someone to make maybe a 30k hand prop bet with. PM me if you're interested in the vag-edition of Jay's bet.

In other news I went rostucko today. Had a bad Wednesday, took Thursday off, then good day today.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2354/rostuckobl7.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm in on this. Someone else also mentioned earlier in here about doing this. I wouldnt' mind doing this multiway....

aislephive 09-29-2007 12:40 AM

I have two extra monitors currently, the lcm20v5 and the lcm22w2. They're both in good condition. I'll sell the 20" for $125 and the 22" for $150 if anybody is interested or $250 for both. PM me if interested.

Nielsio 09-29-2007 12:48 AM

Meh, I think I'm just gonna get another Acer 22". Because of the sleek build I can put the two tight next to each other allowing it to integrate it for multitabling table selecting.

Casper05 09-29-2007 12:55 AM

lol, man I am bad at poker right now. I quit til I get my laptop back (another 2 weeks prob lol)

SpecT 09-29-2007 12:58 AM

u guys are so unballa...

1x30" and 2x20" rotated 90degs is where its at

gunna have that awesome setup when I get back to Australia, NASA command center ftw

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u guys are so unballa...

[/ QUOTE ]

My setup exactly next month [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jay Riall 09-29-2007 01:01 AM

Plugging laptop into 40 inch Samsung ftw. Who needs resolution?!

Xanta 09-29-2007 01:31 AM

Played a quick session today and SpecT beat me up. 4bet when I was light, 3bet in good spots, basically just owned me. Took like 1/2 a buyin without seeing more than one meaningful flop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 01:35 AM

Anyone else up for a 30k hand prop bet for October?

Yes, I know that some of you play 30k in a wknd, but for us grown ups who have lives, I think this should be a solid challenge.

PM if so!

tufat23 09-29-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FINALLY! (ship the 28k month - more if i win wcoop ME obv!)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/249/wootll1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats.

we should meet up sometime, i think i met both ure flatmates?

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 01:43 AM

Since I got my coach...

Brag: So total winnings &gt; showdown winnings = goot?

Beat: Needed a coach to get me to this point (is that really a beat though?!?)

Variance: I guess I'm not running too hot either *sigh*

http://www.uploadyour.info/uploads/i...57-2972188.jpg

Xanta 09-29-2007 01:46 AM

Felix, I'm researching coaches now as my game sucks and isn't improving as fast anymore, who'd you use? Can you give a quick review?

Cheers

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Felix, I'm researching coaches now as my game sucks and isn't improving as fast anymore, who'd you use? Can you give a quick review?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..goofyballer, yes, really, is my coach. Now, somethings to note here... (meh, the rest moved to PM).

blackize 09-29-2007 01:58 AM

Why not offer a public review? It's certainly in everyone's best interest. It gives goofy public feedback which he can use to improve. It gives prospective students an idea of what to expect and could increase his business.

MysteryV 09-29-2007 02:01 AM

[censored] rigged [probably better suited to BBV]

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $203.55
Hero (BB): $248.00
UTG: $147.55
FTKorea (MP): $374.00
CO: $302.80
BTN: $249.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, FTKorea calls $4.00, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $19.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">FTKorea raises all-in to $374.00</font>, BTN calls all-in for $230.55, Hero calls all-in for $198.00
Uncalled bet of $124.45 returned to FTKorea

Flop: ($752.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Turn: ($752.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

River: ($752.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $752.10 ($3 Rake)

FTKorea had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and WON (+$499.55)
BTN had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$249.55)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$248.00)

Xanta 09-29-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not offer a public review? It's certainly in everyone's best interest. It gives goofy public feedback which he can use to improve. It gives prospective students an idea of what to expect and could increase his business.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's because SirFelix just told me that goofy doesn't actually coach, he just spends billable hours freestyle rapping on skype. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I get that. I do. But as far as I know, he's not actively looking for students. I kind of hunted him down and coercered him into it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But, that said, here it is:

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well..goofyballer, yes, really, is my coach. Now, somethings to note here... (meh, the rest moved to PM).

1) When I moved up to 200NL, I developed some UGLY holes in my game for w/e reason. I chose him for a few reasons: 1) I needed to nit up some 2) I HIGHLY respect his posts on here 3) I had previously spoken to one of his students about him as a coach about 4-5 months ago and he spoke highly of him

Now, that said, while there have been a few new tools he's taught/incorporated into my game, he hasn't TAUGHT me a TON. It's more of a way of thinking as well as reinforcing some things I already knew. That's not to understate the change in my game or how much he's helped, but it's not like after 2 sessions w/ him, I woke up and BOOM, I'm aba.

It's lots of little things and ways of thinking about things is all.

The key is finding someone you respect and are comfortable with. I think those are the most two important features of a coach. I'm glad I chose him and it's worked out well. Note here, though, that he is not actively seeking students...I just asked him if he would mind taking me on. I'm not saying he will you, but even if not, if you chose him even, just find someone you're comfy with!

GL!

As for pricing, that's between you and him. But if you want to know more, PM me.

SirFelixCat 09-29-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's because SirFelix just told me that goofy doesn't actually coach, he just spends billable hours freestyle rapping on skype. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fo Shizzle!

Keyser. 09-29-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else up for a 30k hand prop bet for October?

Yes, I know that some of you play 30k in a wknd, but for us grown ups who have lives, I think this should be a solid challenge.

PM if so!

[/ QUOTE ]

And for us recent college-grad kids who still go out every night and sleep all day. :-)

Looks like SirFelix and I are getting this 30k hands in October challenge going. let us know if you want in (no more than 2 or 3 others though).

Clayton 09-29-2007 03:11 AM

so i only have to play 30k hands in october?

Keyser. 09-29-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so i only have to play 30k hands in october?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well clearly we're trying to limit it to people who wouldn't play 30k hands without the challenge. I only play like 20k or so usually, and sometimes quite a bit less. just the honor system on this I guess, although I'm pretty sure you don't qualify.

keikiwai 09-29-2007 03:17 AM

nice to have another winning day... was flatlining for a while after a dropping a bit

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7232/20070928uo9.jpg

[censored] 400 the negative is from one suckout, or i'd be even - awesome W$SD btw

Clayton 09-29-2007 03:17 AM

i made 12 buyins today [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Fonkey123 09-29-2007 03:18 AM

Wait what is this hand challenge thing?

Is there degen prop betting involved?

fwiw I've played like 11k hands this month.

carrotsnake 09-29-2007 03:24 AM

goofy, lol

&lt;3

Louis Vuitton 09-29-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u guys are so unballa...

gunna have that awesome setup when I get back to Australia, NASA command center ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, plz. I mean, obv that's a balla setup. But i hate having several monitors, wth do you need 2 monitors, or three?

hotbacon 09-29-2007 03:36 AM

f september
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...temberasdf.jpg

goofyballer 09-29-2007 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
goofy, lol

&lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I love all the backhanded compliments you're giving me these days...every other thread is like "man, you guys are making goofy look like a LAG" or "man, you guys are making goofy look like the only sane person here."

Guess that means I'm doing something right? &lt;3

wrschultz 09-29-2007 04:19 AM

f september
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/wrschultz/fh.jpg