Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   STTF SNG->cash thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309487)

slimon 10-24-2007 10:47 PM

Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $57.35
CO: $49.40
BTN: $53.50
SB: $61.65
Hero (BB): $74.80

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB calls $8.50

Turn: ($27.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, SB calls $20

River: ($67.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $27.90 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $27.90

Results: $123.30 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Five high) and WON $120.30 (+$58.65 NET)
Hero mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$61.65 NET)

I had AKo but how come the converter shows AKo twice? For the flop I raised him to protect me from draws and since the turn was a blank card I bet again. The river I called because I didn't think the 7 helped him.

Is raising the flop ok? Won't raising the flop make the weaker A's fold and only let AQo, or set or 3's , K10Spade,A3o, flush draws call me? How do I know when to raise the flop or not?

Dr_Jeckyl_00 10-24-2007 11:09 PM

Re: AJo, I don\'t really wanna call do I?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New player to table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($55.65)
MP ($22.50)
Hero ($81.15)
Button ($102.40)
SB ($19.05)
BB ($52.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP calls $6.

Turn: ($20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($23) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shove the turn 100% of the time. People who buy in for stupid amounts, post mid-orbit, and donk-bet $1.50 into a $20 pot are fairly likely to have stupid hands like T-high flush draws. As played I guess I don't hate calling down as you did. If he does call you with A4o, you'll get the $$ back anyway since you're sitting directly to his left and he's obviously beyond terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I post as soon as I get to the table. Why is this bad?

GtrHtr 10-24-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

UTG: $57.35
CO: $49.40
BTN: $53.50
SB: $61.65
Hero (BB): $74.80

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB calls $8.50

Turn: ($27.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, SB calls $20

River: ($67.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $27.90 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $27.90

Results: $123.30 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Five high) and WON $120.30 (+$58.65 NET)
Hero mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$61.65 NET)

I had AKo but how come the converter shows AKo twice? For the flop I raised him to protect me from draws and since the turn was a blank card I bet again. The river I called because I didn't think the 7 helped him.

Is raising the flop ok? Won't raising the flop make the weaker A's fold and only let AQo, or set or 3's , K10Spade,A3o, flush draws call me? How do I know when to raise the flop or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly the deck is stacked, ducy?

Slim Pickens 10-24-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New player to table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($55.65)
MP ($22.50)
Hero ($81.15)
Button ($102.40)
SB ($19.05)
BB ($52.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP calls $6.

Turn: ($20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($23) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shove the turn 100% of the time. People who buy in for stupid amounts, post mid-orbit, and donk-bet $1.50 into a $20 pot are fairly likely to have stupid hands like T-high flush draws. As played I guess I don't hate calling down as you did. If he does call you with A4o, you'll get the $$ back anyway since you're sitting directly to his left and he's obviously beyond terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing bad by itself, but combined with buying in for some odd amount and min-raising your option, it's pretty much broadcasting donk rays over the entire valley.

DevinLake 10-25-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing bad by itself, but combined with buying in for some odd amount and min-raising your option, it's pretty much broadcasting donk rays over the entire valley.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's bad because it costs you 67% more to play that orbit.

The donks make it even worse because they over defend their posts.

microbet 10-25-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll put it two ways:

Winning one tenth of a big blind per hand is winning pretty big.

If you use PT look at how much money you win/lose in what positions.

The only reason to do it, besides just paying to play because you don't want to wait, is because it makes you look like a donkey.

Josem 10-25-2007 12:43 AM

on a full 6-player table, you are normally forced to pay 1.5big blinds per 6 hands.

If you post in the CO, you are paying 1 big blind to see 3 hands (equivalent to 2 big blinds per 6 hands).

If you post in UTG+1, you are paying 1 big blind to see 2 hands (equivalent to 3 big blinds per 6 hands).

If you post in UTG, you are paying 1 big blind to see 1 hand (equivalent to 6 big blinds per 6 hands).

If you think that putting extra money into the pot blind is advantageous, you should have a VPIP of 100% UTG.

cakewalk 10-25-2007 12:44 AM

the first thing i ever learned was to wait for the BB. goes to show don't take things for granted

Slim Pickens 10-25-2007 12:51 AM

Well, you guys need to discount that 1 BB by a lot. There's really no relevant stat in PT because when you post, you're playing a random hand from some position in which you don't normally play a random hand. I've got no idea what my BB/100 is from the CO with 93o, but I doubt it's as bad as -100 BB/100.

It's still -EV to post, unless it's live. Then it's worth it just to not have to stab yourself with a pencil to stay awake until it gets to your BB, then never have a single preflop raise called ever because people think you're a nit.

Jbrochu 10-25-2007 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the first thing i ever learned was to wait for the BB. goes to show don't take things for granted

[/ QUOTE ]

At a full table, posting from the CO works out just about the same as posting from the BB. 6-handed I wait for the BB.

Jbrochu 10-25-2007 09:10 AM

Re: A9 unsoooooted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 60/41/2.46 over 160 hands.
While those stats are very large, it's very noticeable. In addition, different than other open min-raise donkeys who have large PFRs, his raise sizes are generally legitimate to marginally too much.

In this hand, villain thought for a short bit before calling my 4bet, and then near insta-shoved flop.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($47.95)
CO ($51.60)
Button ($46.75)
SB ($125.85)
BB ($85.25)
UTG ($56.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $17</font>, SB calls $10.

Flop: ($32.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $38</font>, Hero calls $32.95 (All-In).

Edit: I should add, villain 3betting here was common, not uncommon (w/o regard to position).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd usually like a little better than to play back with. Either a bigger A, a pocket pair, or something suited. Axs or a SC or one gapper. Letting these guys pwn you for a bit, isn't always a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Devin here. Too many times I used to get fed up with a player and find myself getting into marginal ev spots. With a little patience these guys will often offer huge ev spots.

Jbrochu 10-25-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($50.20)
jb ($50.50)
CO ($50)
Button ($41.85)
SB ($90.05)
BB ($52.95)

Preflop: jb is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">jb raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, jb checks.

Turn: ($4.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">jb bets $2.5</font>, SB calls $2.50.

River: ($9.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, jb checks.

Final Pot: $9.50

Villain is 54/17/3.1 over 64 hands

Should I value bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not c-bet flop? and you're in position... if he CR... i don't know... if a big CR then fold, a small CR probably reraise?

as played check river, probably only a better hand is calling you

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here is my thinking. Well, not really my thinking as I've been heavily influenced by members of this forum and Jesus. (Seriously, Chris Fergusons chapter on postflop play in the FT book.)

I think betting the flop here is ok but I don't like to get c/r in this spot especially since this guy looks aggressive enough to c/r bluff.

You bet for 3 reasons,

1) Make a better hand fold
2) Make a worse hand call
3) Protect a vulnerable best hand

I don't think this guy is folding any better hands so that's a negative for betting. However, he's probably calling with some worse hands so that's a postive for betting. Sometimes though it's easier to get value out of worse hands on later streets if you check the flop so that's a negative for betting.

The board is fairly dry so there's not too many free cards I'm worried about so betting to protect a vulnerable hand isn't too much of a consideration so this is probably neutral.

I think this can be played either way but overall I prefer checking the flop.

futuredoc85 10-25-2007 11:29 AM

fwiw jeckyll 77+ and prob 6X will call the river in J's JJ hand and betting there is absolutely mandatory.

Jbrochu 10-25-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw jeckyll 77+ and prob 6X will call the river in J's JJ hand and betting there is absolutely mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree FD. I'm getting better but still missing value in spots. FWIW villain had AT in this hand and I think he actually might have called a small river bet.

Scuba Chuck 10-25-2007 12:22 PM

SSNL advice

Just read about some random dude who donked off his roll at nosebleed stakes.

Anyway, he wrote some pretty good general advice that we prolly all know, but it's good to hear again.

[ QUOTE ]

1. Stop playing your cards so much. For once forget what you have and just think what your oppenent has. Thats why position is so important. I hear some many ssnl players talk about position being important but i see so few exploiting it. Float more, mix up your play, c/r on a flop u missed such as 44 on a 389 board.

2. Stop playing so many tables. I see way too many players playing 9 tables on so on but i think 6 should be the max. Every hand i see posted comes with statistics as the read on a player. "My read on Player Z is he is a 20/16/3 over 40 hands." This information is basically pointless because it digs very thinly into how the player actually plays and the sample size is useless. You have to play less tables and actually get more reads on certain players. At 200 nl and below most regs have such glaring weaknesses that you can easily exploit them. Just stop seeing them as a 19/15/3 and figure out how to beat them.

3. Bet more, check raise more, b/3bet more etc. Play especially at 1/2 nl is so much easier when you take aggression into your hands more. If i hear playing for pot control one more time with AA on a ragged board im going to go mad. Its ok to put yourself into a difficult spot by going for thinner value than normal, do your best to correctly identify the situation/player/ and so on to make the right decision. By making these "pot control" decisions your are just making moving up that much infinately harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

futuredoc85 10-25-2007 12:25 PM

Re: SSNL advice

lol that wasnt his roll but ya it was a good post

cakewalk 10-25-2007 12:29 PM

Re: SSNL advice

[ QUOTE ]
2. Stop playing so many tables. I see way too many players playing 9 tables on so on but i think 6 should be the max. Every hand i see posted comes with statistics as the read on a player. "My read on Player Z is he is a 20/16/3 over 40 hands." This information is basically pointless because it digs very thinly into how the player actually plays and the sample size is useless. You have to play less tables and actually get more reads on certain players. At 200 nl and below most regs have such glaring weaknesses that you can easily exploit them. Just stop seeing them as a 19/15/3 and figure out how to beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is brilliant

Ditch Digger 10-25-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At a full table, posting from the CO works out just about the same as posting from the BB. 6-handed I wait for the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember some article by Lederer that said posting from the CO was better in full ring rather than waiting for the BB. Of course, he might've said if you post from the CO then leave it's better. In any case, nobody plays full ring so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Slim Pickens 10-25-2007 02:39 PM

BTN is 17/10/14.0 (yeah, 14.0, not a typo) over 200 hands. Here's another one of my awesomely-retarded c/c lines. Is there any point in disguising my hand like this against someone who's definitely capable of firing all streets with nothing? If I c/r the flop, I basically represent a J and he shuts down unless he's crushing me anyway.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $101.60
CO: $131.05
Button: $133.50
SB: $94
Hero: $123.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $11</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($39.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls.

GtrHtr 10-25-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTN is 17/10/14.0 (yeah, 14.0, not a typo) over 200 hands. Here's another one of my awesomely-retarded c/c lines. Is there any point in disguising my hand like this against someone who's definitely capable of firing all streets with nothing? If I c/r the flop, I basically represent a J and he shuts down unless he's crushing me anyway.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $101.60
CO: $131.05
Button: $133.50
SB: $94
Hero: $123.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $11</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($39.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

argfluopi9juwnjkl; nfaa;ei;na.

Are you going for some kinda meta game thing here?

3bet pf.
bet flop
bet turn
bet river

fk his stats let him rr you and get him allin

Paul B. 10-25-2007 03:29 PM

Other than preflop, Slim played it well.

Slim Pickens 10-25-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than preflop, Slim played it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I way off base thinking this is the way I want to give him a chance to bluff off a lot with no hand? Maybe the better idea is to mix some junk into my 3-betting range preflop rather than attempting to slowplay big hands?

futuredoc85 10-25-2007 03:50 PM

slim, you can do both. i thought i replied already but apparently not. pf is ok sometimes, not often though. On this board vs a not-so-aggro dude i would donk all 3 streets to keep them from checking pairs that they feel are WA/WB. vs this guy postflop is good

cakewalk 10-25-2007 04:59 PM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($104)
Button ($42.10)
SB ($180.80)
BB ($101.50)
UTG ($22)
MP ($146.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $13</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($27) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $21</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $64</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $107</font>, Hero calls $27 (All-In).

villain is 25/20 over a decent sample. he's 3bet me a couple times this session, but this is the first time i've shown any resistance.

Slim Pickens 10-25-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($104)
Button ($42.10)
SB ($180.80)
BB ($101.50)
UTG ($22)
MP ($146.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $13</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($27) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $21</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $64</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $107</font>, Hero calls $27 (All-In).

villain is 25/20 over a decent sample. he's 3bet me a couple times this session, but this is the first time i've shown any resistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems likely he could 3-bet any PP, and that opponent with any PP is probably getting it in on that flop. You're not behind 22-AA, especially if you let him have AK or similar sometimes. Make your hand 88 and it's a real decision.

cha59 10-25-2007 11:32 PM

Villain is 49/1/1.24 in 121 hands and floats quite a bit, but doesn't appear to be a complete moran.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BTN: $149.20
SB: $112.40
BB: $136.80
UTG: $95.95
Hero (CO): $121.60

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($7.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5

River: ($17.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $12

How's my line?

cha59 10-25-2007 11:44 PM

Fun with 78s tonight.

UTG posted OOP this hand.

BTN is 62/3/1.74 in 68 hands and very bad.

BB is unknown.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $49.50
BTN: $76.40
SB: $42.60
BB: $42.25
UTG: $40
Hero (MP): $100

UTG posts $1
Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $4.50, SB calls $4, BB folds, UTG calls $3.50

Flop: ($19) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($22) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, BTN calls $15, SB calls $15

River: ($67) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $28</font>

How's this one look?

futuredoc85 10-25-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 49/1/1.24 in 121 hands and floats quite a bit, but doesn't appear to be a complete moran.

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $12

How's my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

looks good

futuredoc85 10-25-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fun with 78s tonight.

BB is unknown.

UTG posts $1
Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $4.50, SB calls $4, BB folds, UTG calls $3.50

Flop: ($19) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)

How's this one look?

[/ QUOTE ]

good as long as that puts them both all in

cha59 10-26-2007 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fun with 78s tonight.

BB is unknown.

UTG posts $1

How's this one look?

[/ QUOTE ]

good as long as that puts them both all in

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a little more than half of the bigger stack.

futuredoc85 10-26-2007 12:15 AM

well i would just shove b/c his stacksize suggests he'll call with worse and you do have the best non-flush hand, + sometimes he'll call with worse so the times that SB turned a flush you wont lose monies.

cha59 10-26-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i would just shove b/c his stacksize suggests he'll call with worse and you do have the best non-flush hand, + sometimes he'll call with worse so the times that SB turned a flush you wont lose monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah good point

Onyyn 10-26-2007 01:24 AM

Re: Cash game stop and go

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't get it? It's pretty standard. Against an aggro player you could 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I've never used this line in a cashgame with air ...until now.

[/ QUOTE ]

To complement doing this with air, weak-lead monsters like this vs these guys sometimes too, *especially* if they're capable of stacking off top/over pair. I think most people read the stop-n-go as weakness a large percentage of the time and will just reraise you by default with anything that was strong enough to open.

ALReturnsLOL 10-26-2007 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero ($104)
Button ($42.10)
SB ($180.80)
BB ($101.50)
UTG ($22)
MP ($146.30)

[/ QUOTE ]

nh I agree with slim, its somewhat coolerish if he has you here.

slimon 10-26-2007 03:35 AM

For now what are the crucial stats I need for pokerace? I have VPIP,Preflop Raise, Total Agression postflop, Total Hands, Fold Contiunation Bet, Attempted to Steal, Calls continuation Bet, and Continuation Bet.

I don't need calls Continuation Bet right because I already have folds continuation bet? They are pretty much the same?Also continuation bet means when they continuation bet right?

cha59 10-26-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For now what are the crucial stats I need for pokerace? I have VPIP,Preflop Raise, Total Agression postflop, Total Hands, Fold Contiunation Bet, Attempted to Steal, Calls continuation Bet, and Continuation Bet.

I don't need calls Continuation Bet right because I already have folds continuation bet? They are pretty much the same?Also continuation bet means when they continuation bet right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like having all three of these:
- folds to Cbet
- calls Cbet
- raises Cbet

No - calls and folds to Cbet are not the same and not the inverse of each other.

Josem 10-26-2007 09:23 AM

but folds to cbet + calls cbet + raises cbet always equals 100, no?

so you just need two of them.

Jbrochu 10-26-2007 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like having all three of these:
- folds to Cbet
- calls Cbet
- raises Cbet

No - calls and folds to Cbet are not the same and not the inverse of each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you use folds and raises you can infer calls.

1 - (folds c-bet + raises c-bet) = calls c-bet

Jbrochu 10-26-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, Hero checks

How's my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would usually bet the flop. Even though better hands are unlikely to fold and worse hands are unlikely to call (although in this case he might if he floats a lot) you still have a vulnerable hand that prolly benefits from villain folding.

I would like to hear reasoning for checking flop.

As played on the flop I like your line the rest of the way.

Jbrochu 10-26-2007 11:46 AM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($165.25)
jb ($50.50)
UTG ($22.25)
MP ($67.60)
CO ($50)
Button ($50)

Preflop: jb is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.5</font>, jb...?

UTG is 45/24/4 55 hands
SB is 35/17/2 171 hands

I feel like my hand is probably good against both villains ranges (although SB hasn't 3-bet much at all) but I really hate this spot with the shorty still to act behind me.

General thoughts on situations like this, factors I should be considering, etc.?