Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Revolution - Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550895)

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 06:19 PM

Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Gt1t, you are confused this game. Am i right?

Why is that? Should you not be more focused?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even sure how to respond to this or if it deserves a response. I'm doin alright.

[ QUOTE ]

Why haven't you said a single thing about pretty majorly wolfy people like LC or OH?

[/ QUOTE ]

majorly wolfy is your opinion. I havent been paying much attention to OH and I generally just try to ignore anything LC says unless he's talking to or about me.

[ QUOTE ]

This whole game you're focusing in on off-the-beaten-path suspects like kristie or FCBL or reno or resnick. And today it's Epicurus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, people that need attention brought to them. It's not like Epicurus is a new addition to my wolf list either.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:22 PM

ok, time to shake this up a little....

***************************ROLECLAIM************** ****************

I AM THE REVOLUTION SNIPER.

I started the game with one bullet and the mission of killing the President. Every other night, starting n1, I got a peek of President/Not President. n1, lastchance, NP. n3, Kyro, NP. If I survived n3 I would get an armour-piercing bullet that has a 50% chance of killing a target who is protected.
So I now have a standard bullet and an enhanced bullet. I can only fire one in any night phase, so barring an odd turn of events I guess I won't get to use the second.

I'm coming out because the death toll in this game is starting to mount and I don't want to be killed without getting a kill in myself. However I really don't have a good idea who to take aim at, so I need input. Preferably without outing yourselves if you also are revolution power roles, unless there are other reasons for you to come out.

I think the best way to play this is for me not to reveal who I plan to shoot tonight. To my mind doing so would make it too easy for the evils to figure out how best to counter me. That said, I'm anxious to get as many opinions as possible so that we can make this one bullet count.

So - who do I kill?

lastchance 11-29-2007 06:25 PM

You have to reveal who you plan to shoot tonight if you come out. You have to.

Otherwise, you shouldn't have come out at all.

Pretty bad misplay Epi (but I admit, I've done just as badly, see: Star Wars, which is hella old, and probably also hella broken).

lastchance 11-29-2007 06:27 PM

I might be wrong, but I'm probably right. Once they know what you are, they got you dead to rights, regardless of who you decide to kill.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:27 PM

i figured the increased chance of making a valuable kill was worth the corresponding increased chance/certainty that i will be nightkilled.

lastchance 11-29-2007 06:28 PM

Well, I mean, it isn't that bad, but I certainly think
[ QUOTE ]

You have to reveal who you plan to shoot tonight if you come out. You have to.

Otherwise, you shouldn't have come out at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
this stuff has the ring of truth to it.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:30 PM

last night spooked me, tbh. we lost three villagers with one action. i couldnt just shoot blind, and i couldnt, in my opinion, wait any longer to come out.
i might be wrong. but if so, lol, kind of too late.

kristiefix 11-29-2007 06:35 PM

Howdy. Just got home, I'll read up and post in a bit.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Howdy. Just got home, I'll read up and post in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

"time warp"? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 06:37 PM

Well this is ackward.

kokiri 11-29-2007 06:41 PM

like the claim - maybe a bit early but understandable.
decent chance we might have an angel of some form
no idea who to kill
agree, don't say who,
i've not contributed too much today, been a bit distracted so sorry for that,
wife pissed off, dunno why
gnight

kyro 11-29-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyro is way too rational right now, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I should be insulted.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:42 PM

GT1T,
oddly enough in your "epi is a wolf" post, you quoted something I said that I intended to be a clue laid down for later on. "im shooting in the dark for evils".

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 06:50 PM

Cute. Anyway, after thinking about it a bit I buy the claim. No reason for you to fake. You're not really on block. Trying lay low while trying to find candidates to cap would explain a lot of your behavior.

MDoranD 11-29-2007 06:51 PM

kristiefix lets see if this gets going

id shoot books why not...it appears if hes good all his powers are spent anyways, but i doubt hes good

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 06:53 PM

kristiefix

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 06:54 PM

Epi, do you have to pick a target every night?

GetThere1Time 11-29-2007 06:55 PM

never mind, I misunderstood

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:56 PM

no, i can shoot or not shoot someone every night, but can only fire once each night.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 06:56 PM

obv i have chosen not to shoot every night so far.

reno expat 11-29-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kristiefix lets see if this gets going

id shoot books why not...it appears if hes good all his powers are spent anyways, but i doubt hes good

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like shooting books here. While there is a high chance of his being evil, if he has these many powers, one of them may be the ability to protect epi tonight, giving him a chance to use his second bullet.

HerbieGRD 11-29-2007 07:00 PM

I'm considering starting a Revolution against my boss, work sucks, here's the count

[0] Bulletproof Monk
[0] Chim17
[0] drzen
[0] Epicurus voted for MDoranD
[0] FMXDA voted for OurHouse
[0] GetThere1Time voted for Kristiefix
[1] JennFox voted for Lastchance
[0] jgunnip voted for OurHouse
[1] Kokiri voted for Kristiefix
<font color="red"> [3] Kristiefix </font>
[0] Kyro voted for JennFox
[1] Lastchance
[2] MDoranD voted for Kristiefix
[2] OurHouse voted for MDoranD
[0] Reno expat
[0] Solanthos
[0] tarheeljks
[0] WDCBooks voted for Kokiri

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:00 PM

if he has that many powers imo he should not protect me tonight. all i will have left to offer is one standard bullet, assuming i dont get daykilled or roleblocked or whatever.

kristiefix 11-29-2007 07:01 PM

Ok, in my daily time warp... I'll start with the comment yesterday right before dusk. Being that I can't type here after dusk and am not on at all during the day, my natural reaction is to assume the comments were placed right before dusk on purpose.

Is this how this guy plays or is he trying to set me up for something and hide behind it? *this question is not directed at him in particular, but anyone else that has played with him*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

she's saying what i have said in this thread, as well as in the halloween game-- little/no prior history on which to act so let some information accrue and then start making decisions as opposed to making claims based on weak evidence. perfectly reasonable to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast thanks for making me realize I should be paying more attention to you.

[ QUOTE ]

How am I supposed to have a read on people that I don't know? The only person I have played with much in this forum is Luckay, and he is always crazy, so who the hell knows??

you sit at a table full of strangers, it takes a while to figure out who is BS-ing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to get into a strategy discussion but I'm probably the biggest advocate of deduction assuming you dont know anyone (or without player reads.)

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to stop flirting and do some analysis but it sorta makes this not as fun for me fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand this. As a villager its your job to try and find wolves. Even if you're wrong you should be giving some input. I haven't seen any effort at all in that sense but I've seen a lot of effort in talking about nonsense. Being confused isnt wolfy. Being confused and not doing anything about it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look babe, what I was trying to say is that I prefer to be happy and playful when playing any game... to most people, this is termed as "flirty"

While being happy and playful (aka flirty), I am usually able to interact more with players, thus getting a better idea of my opinions on how they react to me.

I have been using deduction. Normally I would be switching my vote more then once throughout the day along side my opinions, but since I am on in the evening trying to catch up and the first time I did that I was laughed at... I stopped doing it. I'm not big on being made fun of when I obviously know none of the people and am trying to guess.

What would be helpful is if more villagers would correct me by saying stuff like... the guy we lynched is FOS, so you cant really take anything he says into your analysis, but instead I get a reaction that I am bemusing... wtf is wrong with you people?

ANYONE on the good side should be trying to help me figure out others, not picking at me because I am guessing at it.

I'll try to look through more of todays posts and make general comments on what I think, but can I at least get some direction instead of sarcasm and negativity? If you don't like new players in your circle, why not just lynch me day 1 and get it over with?

fmxda 11-29-2007 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he has that many powers imo he should not protect me tonight. all i will have left to offer is one standard bullet, assuming i dont get daykilled or <u>roleblocked</u> or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, if the evils have a roleblocker, you're useless already

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:04 PM

true, but i think my point is correct nevertheless. if he is a villager, tomorrow he will be more valuable than i will be and thus should not expose himself tonight by protecting me.

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:04 PM

lol im sounding like i have a deathwish or something.

MDoranD 11-29-2007 07:08 PM

im not very happy that the guy with the bullets has his vote on me

reno expat 11-29-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And what does "disconnect one person from the NSA computer system" mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Some of the special powers that individuals have in this game are based on their abilities to connect to, or hack into, the NSA computer systems. If someone is disconnected they would lose any powers that were derived from this source</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This seemed to be the government role blocker. It was based on the NSA computer and people's ability to hack in. Unless they have a second person who can block non hacking based power villagers, you are probably in the clear on that epi

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:09 PM

MDD,
to be honest i just voted with our house.
who should i use the bullet(s) on?

MDoranD 11-29-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MDD,
to be honest i just voted with our house.
who should i use the bullet(s) on?

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said, i think books or if kristie survives tonights lynch might be a good kill, id tell you ourhouse but since youre voting with him id doubt youd listen to that one

drzen 11-29-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GT1T,
oddly enough in your "epi is a wolf" post, you quoted something I said that I intended to be a clue laid down for later on. "im shooting in the dark for evils".

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading through but laughing out loud at this. Dude, we have no idea what roles there are in this game, so how are we going to figure out you're a sniper??

And answer me this, epi. With so many people killed every night, why don't we think you're telling half the truth, but are actually a serial killer type of role? That sort of fits your game, because you've been not very helpful to the village, yet not all that wolfy either, just involved enough not to be too suspicious.

JennFox 11-29-2007 07:16 PM

woot thread!!

kristie sounds like me circa star trek game!!! awwww sweetie, they are hardasses and it takes a little time and energy to break into the circle imo. i am not in very far myself, but im feeling a little better having gotten to know some people here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] dont sweat it, give it a little time.. i'll introduce you to some friends!!

but i still think you are a wolf [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] kristie

also, fmx i think that mets was some kind of roleblocker.. i just reread everyones role descriptions upon being killed. im about to compile them and post them here bc i think they are helpful, but give me a minute bc i am retarded at computers..

Epicurus 11-29-2007 07:16 PM

DrZ,
perhaps "clue" was a bad choice of word, i didnt mean people should be able to figure it out - why on earth would I want them to?
i meant that it was something id left to refer back to when i came out. obviously if you dont believe my claim, you dont believe that either.

as to your other question, as someone pointed out, im not exactly on the block, so if im lying ive basically ensured my own lynch in the not too distant future for no discernible benefit.

kristiefix 11-29-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VoraciousReader was killed - she was a Revolution Soldier with no special powers

LuckayLuck was killed - he was a Revolution Soldier with no special powers

FCBLComish was killed - he was a Revolution Soldier with no special powers

[/ QUOTE ]
There should be more nightkill lists without the name wdcbooks on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope there is an explanation later in my reading. This guy is getting away with murder, literally. I won't vote yet though...

fmxda 11-29-2007 07:18 PM

Epi,

Looks like you will die tonight. Please give us a bunch of true reads on everyone you can.

I agree with you coming out, having a clear villager does a lot to set the village straight. The only thing I would have done differently is taken a shot so the extra bullet I get on N3 doesn't go to waste. What kind of revolution leader gives his sniper 1 bullet anyway. I'm emailing my local sleeper cell leader

I would shoot someone you think is likely wolf but has a low chance of being nightkilled. If I were you I'd be putting a bullet in OH's head

chim17 11-29-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would shoot someone you think is likely wolf but has a low chance of being nightkilled. If I were you I'd be putting a bullet in OH's head

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

All wolves have a pretty low chance of being night killed...

fmxda 11-29-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, fmx i think that mets was some kind of roleblocker

[/ QUOTE ]
If mets was a roleblocker then I would have to wonder how a villager-books was able to peek a wolf n1; i.e. why mets didn't roleblock villager-books after day 1.

I think this leaves little chance books would be able to get a peek off, considering seer peeks seem to be related to the NSA computer system in this game.

The only explanation is books is a wolf (or his peek is somehow unrelated to the NSA computers)

drzen 11-29-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrZ,
perhaps "clue" was a bad choice of word, i didnt mean people should be able to figure it out - why on earth would I want them to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really struggling to work out what you *did* mean then, dude.

I'll tell you what I think you did there though: I think you threw out something that backs up your story but actually doesn't. And now I've called you on it, you're floundering a bit. I think we need to think about why you did that.

[ QUOTE ]
i meant that it was something id left to refer back to when i came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, man. Do you not see that you could have simply invented a role a couple of days back and now you come out... well, you see where it's going.

[ QUOTE ]
obviously if you dont believe my claim, you dont believe that either.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's worse than that. You are talking transparent [censored], and that's making me not believe your claim.

Actually, to be fair, I have difficulty believing it anyway. Why would you come out? It's not that you're a seer, and you think you're in no danger of getting whacked, so wtf?

[ QUOTE ]
as to your other question, as someone pointed out, im not exactly on the block, so if im lying ive basically ensured my own lynch in the not too distant future for no discernible benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not clear what the benefit to us is of you coming out, epi, so the whole thing is a bit mystifying. I'm withholding judgement right now (no vote) but I am seriously wtf is going on. (Which I'm sure was part of your intention in doing it!)

fmxda 11-29-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

All wolves have a pretty low chance of being night killed...

[/ QUOTE ]
Er, lynched. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN