Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *WORLD SERIES GAME ONE THREAD: Rockies at Red Sox* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530580)

Salva135 10-25-2007 05:59 PM

Re: *WORLD SERIES GAME ONE THREAD: Rockies at Red Sox*

Rockies fans are blowing their loads way too much over Manny in LF. Is he more of a liability there than he usually is at Fenway? Of course. But remember, Manny also plays in 17-18 other left fields throughout the year, and I can't remember ever noticing him costing significant runs because of exceptionally poor play out there. This is not going to have as big of an effect as everyone thinks it will. If Rockies fans are pointing to this of all things as the reason for hope then they have many more problems to worry about.

VickreyAuction 10-25-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, seriously. All he has to do is misplay one gapper with runners on 1st and 2nd, and there's two runs right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, come on. Even the worst left-fielder in the league isn't costing his team 2 runs per game.

That's like 324 runs over a season. The Sox gave up 657 runs total this year; saving 2 runs per game, if they got rid of Manny, they give up 333 runs total, which would be the lowest ever. Even if they replace Manny with the best left-fielder in the league, they don't come close to saving 324 runs.

Give us a little credit here. We watch the guy every game he plays. He's not THAT bad of a fielder.

legend42 10-25-2007 06:00 PM

Of course the 2-3 run statement is absurd, but all the ridicule he's getting virtually guarantees Manny will make a bases loaded blunder in the first game at Coors, and he'll come back quoting his post before the the last runner has even crossed the plate. Just appease the guy, please.

anatta 10-25-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course the 2-3 run statement is absurd, but all the ridicule he's getting virtually guarantees Manny will make a bases loaded blunder in the first game at Coors, and he'll come back quoting his post before the the last runner has even crossed the plate. Just appease the guy, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

see nits this guy gets it.

legend42 10-25-2007 06:09 PM

I'm actually much more worried about Ortiz at first than Manny in left. Not just in the field, but the effect the extra impact on his knee might have at the plate. By his own admission, this is a very serious and hampering injury that got much worse after game 4 of the ALCS. He's basically been only able to pull topspin singles or slap opposite field gappers for the last few games.

And now he's going to have to bend, move laterally, and run around in cold weather in between at-bats? This might not be such a good thing.

Mondogarage 10-25-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahhhh. Not necessary. I won't be posting from Coors Field. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

leehrat 10-25-2007 09:53 PM

man lugo is bad

legend42 10-28-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I'm really saying is that Manny being in LF alone is probably worth 2-3 runs a game to the Rockies offense

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so it's me quoting it. I just wanted to get it in.