Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA draft discussion thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430492)

hiho 06-28-2007 08:54 PM

Re: NBA draft disccusion thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Was he ever on a winning team? The guy was only in the playoffs a handfull of times and now he's a superstar????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Kevin Garnett's not a superstar, right?

Wtf is your definition of superstar? Ray Allen is a top 20 player in the NBA and has been for virtually his entire career. He was an MVP candidate as recently as two season ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Garnet has at least been on a team that made the finals and almost beat a good Laker team a few years ago. I'll take Garnet over Allen any day.

Vyse 06-28-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Was he ever on a winning team? The guy was only in the playoffs a handfull of times and now he's a superstar????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf is your definition of superstar? Ray Allen is a top 20 player in the NBA and has been for virtually his entire career. He was an MVP candidate as recently as two season ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Garnet has at least been on a team that made the finals and almost beat a good Laker team a few years ago. I'll take Garnet over Allen any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Team success does not equal individual greatness. You should be a sportswriter.

kidcolin 06-28-2007 08:56 PM

Stu Scott: "What about bowling drew you to that?"

correct answer: it's fun as hell and you can drink beer while you play.

Poofler 06-28-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just being CRAZY

Popinjay 06-28-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Allen led the Sonics in a sick playoff run in '05 and took the championship winning that yr Spurs to 6 games. Obviously you (hiho) don't know much about Ray. He's a sick good player and I think it's a shame Presti didn't give him 1 yr to play with Durant and see how it worked out.

xorbie 06-28-2007 08:59 PM

i dont think they could pass up on thornton, not sure he really meets any needs though

have no idea how this guy went after noah.

edit: didnt know he was 24, that does change things

MyTurn2Raise 06-28-2007 09:01 PM

exactly xorbie

i like thornton over noah all day

MattSuspect 06-28-2007 09:03 PM

Another extremely overpaid, no defense playing bad character guy for the Knicks. God...I've been an Isiah apologist for years...but I don't know about this one.

Vyse 06-28-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Allen led the Sonics in a sick playoff run in '05 and took the championship winning that yr Spurs to 6 games. Obviously you (hiho) don't know much about Ray. He's a sick good player and I think it's a shame Presti didn't give him 1 yr to play with Durant and see how it worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Ray Allen got as far in the West as Kevin Garnett did as well.

DMBFan23 06-28-2007 09:04 PM

Hey Assani:

[ QUOTE ]

Dan (Louisville): Do you see yourself as a 3 or a 2 in the NBA?

COREY BREWER: Either one. I feel like they're both the same position, you just guard different sized guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd go bump the thread but I forget which one it is.

source: ESPN's draft chat transcript