Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL POKER [cheese] thread May PT 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402466)

True 05-16-2007 07:17 PM

Re: MSNL or bust

something like that. did your hed assplode?

Jigsaws 05-16-2007 07:21 PM

yeah, i didn't actually shove there. my time was running out and my other three tables were flashing at me, so i clicked call and immediately hated myself for it. Ah9h FTW.

if villain is a really good reader, he probably should not be folding to a shove either, since the only hands i'd get there like that and valueshove with are A8, AA (only one combo...) and JJ. i'd usually 3bet the flop with 88/55/22, and i'd probably have bet more with JJ on the turn. i guess i could just hope he was weak-tight enough to not make a big call. he was not the kind of retard to just go... lol, i have top pair, i call.

should've bet $66 on the turn as well.

True 05-16-2007 07:27 PM

if villain bet 112 on the river, i think thats hot

Jigsaws 05-16-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But then he goes on to say, even higher level thinking players will know that you are normally double barreling when the board has changed. And if you are playing against a player like this, when you double barrel and the board doesn't change at all, like a blank 2 comes on the turn, and you still continue to fire ...a good player knows that you know its not a good card to double barrel on, so the fact that you are still deciding to double barrel on it means that you must actually have a hand. he says you should only do it against really strong players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. Two different examples of that:

I raise OTB with T7s, pock3tp3ar (good thinking TAG that I have a lot of respect for) calls in SB. Flop comes down KK9, he check-calls. Turn is an A, he checks, I double barrel. He goes into the timebank, then calls. I *knew* he had something like 9x or TT or JJ at this point, but I think he knew that I knew, and after his timebanking, I decided he would not fold to a third barrel. Funny thing is that I'm one of the few people who almost always bet an A on the turn. I just didn't happen to have it this time.

I raise UTG with 44, NutMucka (19/15 TAG, not bad at all, probably gives me too much respect) calls in HJ. He doesn't cold-call much at all, so he nearly always has a small pair here. Flop comes down TT5 two-tone, I bet $14 into $19, he calls. Turn is a 3, I bet $33 into $47, he folds what I think was 66-99.

By the way, who is tilt_donkey? Out yourself... or at least quit floating me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SilentNoise 05-16-2007 07:34 PM

Why do people hate giving advice on this hand? It seems alot less standard than most 100BB questions asked. I shoulda shoved the turn i know, but as played? Is thats why its not good for discussion? Because i should have just overbet shoved the turn?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post10002780

copy and paste doesn't work. the thread is too old to edit and get the raw code to put it in the cheese thread directly. So please take the time to click the link thx.

Its basically a hand vs a huge donk where i misplayed the turn but had a strange river decision because of that.

SilentNoise 05-16-2007 07:42 PM

btw, it says my supernova is valid until Febraury 29th 2008. So on March 1st ill be reverted back to platinum star and then need to get another 100K fpps in order to get back to supernova? When i was gold/platinum star etc it just used to say "You need to earn XX fpp to maintain Platinum otherwise you will be reverted etc".

How do i know how many fpps i need to per month to never drop below supernova? (obviously none until feb 2008...but what about after that?

Rainclouds 05-16-2007 07:49 PM

This is so amazing.

I have this player at the table running 82/3/1. I pretty much exactly figured out how he plays.

He limp-calls every hand. On the flop and the turn he does not valuebet but waits for the river. He calls one c-bet, but folds to the second bet. If checked to, he overbets the pot when he has nothing (like $20 into a $10 pot).

Easily exploitable?

Well, yes and no. I netted just $20 from him over 100 hands. Generally he has managed win a lot of big pots from everyone, but lose none of them. He seems to read pretty well. He can dodge bullets baby. Above all, he runs hotter than god. I gave up.

This hand which I was not involved in (I just left the table), made me laugh (SB is our guy obv):

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $905.36
BB: $197.00
UTG: $194.70
BTN: $141.29

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> is dealt (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, SB calls $3.00, <font color="red">BB raises to $18.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $14.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $25.00</font>, SB calls $25.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, BB checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($90) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $50.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $154.00</font>, SB calls $104.00

Pot Size: $398.00 ($2 Rake)

SB had 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Threes) and WON (+$199.00)
BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Threes full of Aces) and LOST (-$197.00)

Especially the chat afterwards was solid gold:

BallinOutaControl: lol
BallinOutaControl: thast just comical
BallinOutaControl: that hand
BallinOutaControl: just makes me cash out

&lt;BallinOutaControl leaves the table&gt;

Mossberg 05-16-2007 07:50 PM

how does a 27/17 call down THIS light. God I love Party.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $92.50
CO: $48.69
Button: $123.05
Hero: $102.98
BB: $199.30

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($19, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14.5</font>, BB calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($48, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $78.98</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $205.96

Villain has 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

shpanko 05-16-2007 07:52 PM

Literally the last hand of my session. I'd been plaing 12 tables, had unclicked my blinds and was closing tables as i sat out. This was the last table and the last hand at that table. WTF are the MF'ing odds. I still ended up lik 260 for the session but this [censored] just puts a sour taste in your mouth and it left me on life tilt for like 30 minutes afterward:

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $203.20
BB: $73.15
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $224.60</font>
MP: $190.80
CO: $205.10
BTN: $208.35

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Idiot TAGFISH who thinks he is such a good player HYACHACHACHACHA!</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $20.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, BTN calls $40.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($123) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $50.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $100.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $164.60</font>, BTN calls all-in for $48.35
Uncalled bet of $16.25 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($419.70) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($419.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $419.70 ($3 Rake)

BTN had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Queens full of Fours) and WON (+$208.35)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Fours) and LOST (-$208.35)

Rainclouds 05-16-2007 07:54 PM

Mossberg: please include the results, or we still don't know how light he calls down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shpanko: whenever that happens to me, I'm clicking on all my auto-post blind buttons again and play until I have my money back from that guy.