Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Israel's Attack on Lebanon and Hezbollah (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=160680)

SNOWBALL 07-29-2006 08:48 AM

Re: Israel\'s Attack on Lebanon and Hezbollah

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the evidence that they were intentionally targeted?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either they're being intentionally targeted or Israel is being so reckless that they don't care. I believe I've told you at least once already that I think it's the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making the ditinction between criminal negligence and malice is like counting angels on the head of a pin of a needle. If Johnny Knoxville kills my mom while driving blindfolded on the freeway, I don't really care that it was all in good fun. When you are driving you need to take reasonable precaustions against killing people or causing accidents. When you're at war, you need to take reasonable precautions against inflicting terror and death on innocent people.

BCPVP 07-29-2006 10:27 AM

This is my point. Copernicus just seems to be fixated on "intentionally" leaving anything unintentional as totally forgivable.

Copernicus 07-29-2006 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Either they're being intentionally targeted or Israel is being so reckless that they don't care. I believe I've told you at least once already that I think it's the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the majority of the rest of the world including the ?UN humaitarian committed, UNIFEL itself, and several Arab states thinks its a third option....accident. But of course, your minority opinion is what counts.

Copernicus 07-29-2006 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Making the ditinction between criminal negligence and malice is like counting angels on the head of a pin of a needle. If Johnny Knoxville kills my mom while driving blindfolded on the freeway, I don't really care that it was all in good fun. When you are driving you need to take reasonable precaustions against killing people or causing accidents. When you're at war, you need to take reasonable precautions against inflicting terror and death on innocent people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those precautions have been taken, links and quotes about those precautions provided. Bury your head in you anti_Zionism and see how badly it smells up there.

Sniper 07-29-2006 02:28 PM

Israel/UN cooperation

Israel invited a UN observer into an IDF military control room Saturday to help oversee the transfer of aid to south Lebanon, the Foreign Ministry said.

Sniper 07-29-2006 03:11 PM

West Bank

A senior Islamic Jihad operative was seriously wounded Saturday by IDF troops in the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinian doctors said.

A second operative was killed in the fighting.

The seriously wounded gunman was identified as Hani Awijan, head of Islamic Jihad's military wing in Nablus.

Sniper 07-29-2006 07:45 PM

Air Strikes

Two Israeli airstrikes prompted the main border crossing between Lebanon and Syria to close, Lebanese army sources said. Israeli strikes have already left roads leading to the crossing badly damaged.

Utah 07-29-2006 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me, it brings into question why Israel has racked up hundreds of civilian deaths if Hezbollah is largely not hiding amongst them.

[/ QUOTE ]I do not know if it is true that Israel has racked up hundreds of civilian deaths if Hezbollah but I will assume it is.

So what? Lets say we knew for an absolute fact that Israel was specifically targeting civilians to terrorize and kill them. Would it not be fair to say that Israel at worst is simply engaging in the same tactics as its enemy who we know for a fact is specifically targeting civilians to terrorize and kill them? If both sides agree to use the same tactics then let them fight it out.

There is no morality in war and civilian death tallys are silly. ALL militaries and countries will slaughter mass numbers of civilians when they deem such actions neccessary. All there is in war is measures and counter-measures.

Copernicus 07-29-2006 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, it brings into question why Israel has racked up hundreds of civilian deaths if Hezbollah is largely not hiding amongst them.

[/ QUOTE ]I do not know if it is true that Israel has racked up hundreds of civilian deaths if Hezbollah but I will assume it is.

So what? Lets say we knew for an absolute fact that Israel was specifically targeting civilians to terrorize and kill them. Would it not be fair to say that Israel at worst is simply engaging in the same tactics as its enemy who we know for a fact is specifically targeting civilians to terrorize and kill them? If both sides agree to use the same tactics then let them fight it out.

There is no morality in war and civilian death tallys are silly. ALL militaries and countries will slaughter mass numbers of civilians when they deem such actions neccessary. All there is in war is measures and counter-measures.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to go one step futher and tie one sides hands with the Geneva Conventions when the other side is non-compliant is ludicrous.

Howard Beale 07-30-2006 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have typed and erased 4 differently worded responses to your post. I'm going with this 5th one:

I disagree. Decide for yourself why.