Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   **** SEPTEMBER LOW CONTENT THREAD ***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=491135)

xSCWx 09-29-2007 11:24 AM

Re: **** SEPTEMBER LOW CONTENT THREAD *****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so u basicaly spend all the monies on food and booz ? if yes nj

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It upgrades my standard of living from cans of Keystone and the Dominos 5-5-5 deal to $20 (with tip for delivery because I'm [censored] lazy) BBQ chicken pizzas from Double Dave's, bottles of Shiner, and $5 milkshakes from Cold Stone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet life. Im in the same boat as you only that I dont make as much money (yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the same boat you are 3 weeks or so ago so you shouldn't be too far behind. There was a pretty huge gap where I was considering $241/day to be my quota (100k/year). Basically I would either hit that and stop, or not hit it and give up easily. It took a while before I finally just manned up and started massing games.

It is pretty tough to get over the variance and just keep going, but I'm running hot right now so it helps:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5...nbowlinxk9.jpg

hra146 09-29-2007 11:30 AM

do you have a SS account?

If yes, could you do me a favour and filter (hra146) for HUsngs only?

Id really like to know what others think of me when they SS me.

xSCWx 09-29-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you have a SS account?

If yes, could you do me a favour and filter (hra146) for HUsngs only?

Id really like to know what others think of me when they SS me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that most people don't bother to filter it when they search, but here is your graph:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8532/hra146jj5.jpg

Thats a pretty sick upswing.

hra146 09-29-2007 11:49 AM

Thats pretty weird. Apparently I have only played 10 non-HU tournaments in my life.

So my standard graph = pretty much my HU graph. Thats good to know.

As far as the upswing: Yep, its sick. Right before the last major heater however I was going through some very rough matches. Its not bad in monetary terms cause I moved down but yeah. Standard variance I guess.

Im awaiting the doomswitch to be pulled.

xSCWx 09-29-2007 11:56 AM

I'm paranoid about cashing out because I'm superstitious about getting doomswitched.

gcaash 09-29-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm paranoid about cashing out because I'm superstitious about getting doomswitched.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol i have the same problem

Insane_Steve 09-29-2007 12:59 PM

So yesterday I got pretty drunk -- I log into my PoerkStars account and find that I have about $50 more than I did before I started drinking. This is fairly standard, when I drink I dabble in low stakes and usually win because the opponents are just that bad. I discover that I actually played a $55 PLO HU tournament instead. Here is the entire hand history:

Hero (1500)
Villain (1500)

Hero is BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain raises to 20, Hero raises to 60, Villain calls 40

FLOP: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 120, Villain calls 120.

TURN: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] | 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 360, Villain calls 360

RIVER: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] | 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] | K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets 960 and is all-in, Villain calls 960.

Hero shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (THE NUT FRUSH)

Villain doesn't show: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

LOL at the flop call. ... and the other street calls, for that matter.

Also: Everytime I've cashed out I've lost ~25% of my bankroll on Stars (except last time). So... bleh doomswitch [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

phatjeffrey 09-29-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man so do i..

xSCWx 09-29-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man so do i..

[/ QUOTE ]

I've considered just trading my money into Stars then withdrawing off of there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

phatjeffrey 09-29-2007 01:13 PM

hahaha