Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378830)

dmk 04-17-2007 04:36 PM

Re: LOTR: Return of the King (GAME THREAD)

WHAT CORRUPTIBLE?? I DONT SEE A CORUPTIBLE!

i meant aragorn is 50% against gandalf/self/eowyn, sorry.

why would they roleblock + kill gandalf? explain it?

they guarantee aaron isn't getting a peek by roleblocking him.

why waste a nightkill on him?

what sense does that make? when they could just randomly kill someone else in hopes of sam/frodo/etc?

Nez477 04-17-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aaron's the weaker roleclaim of course (ZOMG getting to claim seer with never having to show a peek), but I don't think we get to deal with any of it today. Lynching either of them seems stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stephen H 04-17-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FURTHER CLARIFICATION:

if aaron = wolf, then nich MUST be wolf. because wolves aren't going to kill aaron duh.

if aaron = gandalf, then nich MUST be wolf. because wolves aren't going to both block and kill aaron.

seeeee????

go ahead, take the time to realize how awesome i am.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think this through the more you're right. My first instinct was that a Day 1 Gandalf claim is brilliant - you never have to give out a peek, the real gandalf stays quiet thinking there's a very good chance you're aragorn. Even when the real gandalf comes out you have the backup claim to aragorn for a day or two if aragorn's not dead. And it's not nearly as obvious as the ZOMG I'M THE ANGEL claim.

But it doesn't make sense at all with nich's claim that he protected aaron, and the fact that there was no kill last night.

Nichp

dmk 04-17-2007 04:40 PM

HOLY [censored] GUYS READ MY POST. READ THIS POST PLEASE

THERE ARE NO CORRUPTIBLE VILLAGERS. ARAGORN BLOCKED THE KILL LAST NIGHT.

They are *NOT* going to roleblock and kill aaron (gandalf). Simply blocking the peek accomplishes everything they need to. They're going to use their nightkill on SOMEONE ELSE. THE SOMEONE ELSE IS WHOEVER ARAGORN PROTECTED LAST NIGHT.

Assume aaron=wolf and nich=aragorn. So nich protected aaron. Who did the wolves nightkill???? WRONG, not possible!

Assume aaron=gandalf and nich=aragorn. So nich protected aaron. Who did the wolves nightkill???? WRONG, they're not going to block/kill in the same night BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

NICH NICH NICH

Nicholasp27 04-17-2007 04:43 PM

el oh el @ this

i am aragorn and protected aaron

with no kill last night, that pretty much confirms aaron pretty well, as they did target him...

of course they roleblocked him because they didn't want a 50% shot at aaron living with a peek

my being aragorn confirms aaron...so the 2 of us are now confirmed...unless u think i'm lying, in which case u think that the 'real aragorn' just happened to hit the 1/25 (or however many players we have) chance of protecting whom the wolves targetted...or that the 'real aragorn' protected aaron and they targetted aaron

the fact that there was no kill REALLY STRONGLY points to aaron being gandalf...no doubt in my mind

u can question my claim tho, but even if u think i'm 80% lying, it's still -ev to lynch me today...and i know many of u know that, so u are going up on my wolfy list

remember the first lotr game...i said we should believe the aragorn claim while traz said not to...i was right and that person was aragorn...it was +ev to wait to lynch him and it's +ev to wait to lynch me

now, u ALL know this, so stop wasting ur time and go find the wolves...u have under 5 hours now...

Nez477 04-17-2007 04:44 PM

Folks,

We learn tons from the nightkill or nightkill attempts tonight.

I hate Nich's claim. I hate it. Why now? It's like 5 hours till nightfall and I know that I was prepared to derail your wagon elsewhere as the fact that your wagon started so quick made me think you were village.

Then you do this.

I don't want to lynch either of these guys please.

Mark has been stretching and searching to make arguments and early reads to which he has to have inside information.

Herbie is like 95% wolf based on d1 posting style and his Zurvan push and his lists this morning.

Let's heavy up on these two and focus on the dumb claim and understandable claim tomorrow.

Nicholasp27 04-17-2007 04:44 PM

dmk,

which is more likely:

a) aragorn protected the outted seer, gandalf, and the wolves went after aaron

b) aragorn protected someone else and happened to protect the same person (1/25ish) that the wolves targetted

seriously, -----EV to lynch me

Nicholasp27 04-17-2007 04:45 PM

nez, i said why
i'm leaving shortly to go to the game, so i won't be here later

dmk 04-17-2007 04:45 PM

nich,

nice try. its over. you must be a very powerful wolf.

[ QUOTE ]
of course they roleblocked him because they didn't want a 50% shot at aaron living with a peek

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes 0 sense. they roleblocked because they didn't want him to have a peek - period. there's no 50% to roleblock. he was 100% roleblocked. which means there's 0 reason to target for kill.

its ovah.

Stephen H 04-17-2007 04:46 PM

My read-through is pretty much shot to hell for now. Here's what i'd gotten so far, just getting to the end of day 1.

Gandalf claim is a bit suspect, but it will sort itself out. Aaron is unlynchable but not clear. <---this is now LOLtastic.

VR seems very villager for her; I don't think she plays wolf this way. Certainly not this aggressively for lynching Zurvan day 1.

TFG, fmxda, Mark, and Luckay all ended up with lots of wolfy marks next to their names. That's my wolf list for now.

Nez has both wolfy marks and villager marks. Lots of them. So he's up in the air for now.

Skoob is newb. Giving off lots of New Player tells, but they're not particularly villagery or wolfy - just a player who doesn't know what to do as a villager. So either he's a lost villager, or a lost wolf who doesn't know what a villager looks like.

So that's 4 wolves, 1 villager, and 2 mehs so far, plus an "aragorn" and a "gandalf" who may be lying liars.

And dmk is right about Nich's claim, AND why we can't afford to wait.