Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   South Park starts up again tonight 10/3 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514741)

Nielsio 11-15-2007 07:34 PM

Re: South Park starts up again tonight 10/3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can you guys not see that this is about 9/11, or other similar government corruptions.

Sweet episode btw. The vomiting was 100% predictable but the visuals were funny nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw it more as a weird reference to the 2000 presidential election debacle. I could be wrong though since this episode was a little muddled.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have this commission who determines things. And the moral of this episode is that power corrupts; so the commission riggs their findings towards something that they have a stake in. Something to gain.

Mmmmmm. What oh what could that be..... (Cartman style)

TomCollins 11-15-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can you guys not see that this is about 9/11, or other similar government corruptions.

Sweet episode btw. The vomiting was 100% predictable but the visuals were funny nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw it more as a weird reference to the 2000 presidential election debacle. I could be wrong though since this episode was a little muddled.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have this commission who determines things. And the moral of this episode is that power corrupts; so the commission riggs their findings towards something that they have a stake in. Something to gain.

Mmmmmm. What oh what could that be..... (Cartman style)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you read way too much into things to support your own agenda.... Oh wait, thats not news to anyone.

AlexM 11-15-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Went a bit downhill after the first half but still enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The second half was non-stop laughter for me. By far the best episode of the season.

AlexM 11-15-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brilliant episode

question: was this about schindlers list? like referencing it at all?

i havent seen that movie, but i assumed the 'list', the jewish kid getting last, and the trials and conspiracy were taken from it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, no. Not remotely.

AlexM 11-15-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is the vomiting a reference to a previous episode? i thought it was hilarious, but seemed kind of random.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a reference to like the first 4 seasons. WTF, have you people never seen this show?

Nielsio 11-15-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is the vomiting a reference to a previous episode? i thought it was hilarious, but seemed kind of random.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a reference to like the first 4 seasons. WTF, have you people never seen this show?

[/ QUOTE ]

People not getting the vomiting makes me feel old.

Five-Star 11-16-2007 01:05 AM

Another quality South Park. Did it feel short to anyone else? That one just flew by. A lot of of good laughs though. Butters, Lincoln in the Honda, and Cartman at the window, all great parts to the show. I can't believe people are asking about Stan throwing up and other core South Park things.

Did anyone think they actually might have shot Wendy? Her voice was different from the past. Same thing happened on the Simpsons ("Simpsons did it!") when they killed off Maude Flanders. Her voice was different that episode.

Peoplez 11-16-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone think they actually might have shot Wendy? Her voice was different from the past. Same thing happened on the Simpsons ("Simpsons did it!") when they killed off Maude Flanders. Her voice was different that episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original voice of Wendy and other female characters committed suicide some time ago plus we havent' really had much Wendy around last seasons = reason for the changed voice

AlexM 11-16-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The original voice of Wendy and other female characters committed suicide some time ago

[/ QUOTE ]

While true, the second female voice actor was still doing Wendy for a while after that. I think she left though and that was when they stopped using her much.

chicken10der 11-16-2007 03:47 AM

nah she just got addicted to playing suicide hero