Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero III (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523244)

MC Chris 11-12-2007 07:51 PM

Re: Guitar Hero III

yeah mine fails to connect a lot when i'm trying to find random games

BradleyT 11-12-2007 08:21 PM

Thanks for the finger tips maybe I can beat HMWYBS on easy now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

notontilt09 11-12-2007 08:38 PM

99% of good players are more comfortable w/ index on red and shifting up for green.

For easy/medium there is absolutely no need to do this, but it'll help if you ever want to move up.

If anyone could teach me how to 5* TTFAF on expert that would be great too. Currently stuck at 547k.

Grue 11-12-2007 08:42 PM

my home position is green for the most part but of course it just matters on what is coming up. I have small fingers so have to be very consciousness about the hand shifts that are needed but in general do ok. My only real problem, which I had to "manually" adjust was in the chord shifts (on hard) in the first part of rock and roll all night where I had to "unnecessarily" shift to index on red in order to hit that one gay transition.. anyone know what I'm talking about?

I also upstrum with my right index finger which is apparently really weird, thats just how I started doing it. I tried to try downstrumming but I don't like the control or speed that I can do it. Anyone else do that?

TimTimSalabim 11-12-2007 09:12 PM

I keep my index on Red most of the time, and slide up to Green and even down to Yellow on parts of certain songs require a lot of YBO strength (YYZ comes to mind). Just like alt-strumming, I don't know if it's absolutely necessary, but it seems to make things a lot easier once you get used to it. Actually, I can't imagine passing some songs on Hard/Expert without sliding and alt-strumming, but I suppose there are some who can do it.

Poofler 11-12-2007 10:05 PM

Is anyone else unable to sign into X-Box live (9PM EST)?

holdme 11-12-2007 11:06 PM

UFH ive been stuck on mosh1 on slayer (expert) forever

jakeduke 11-12-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UFH ive been stuck on mosh1 on slayer (expert) forever

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things I figured out that helped me beat it:

1) don't bother with the green notes. Keep your hand with index on red and only worry about those 4 notes.

2) pay _very_ close attention to how the notes are timed. when i kept failing i was thinking thateach set of 4 notes (of the POs) was equally spaced, but that's not the case. there's one set of 4 notes, then another right after, then there's a small rest before the next set. i don't know how well that comes across but watch the note chart and you'll see what i mean. gl!

J-P 11-13-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else unable to sign into X-Box live (9PM EST)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still can't sign onto live and it's almost 11 here (CST).

GetThere1Time 11-13-2007 01:36 AM

gd it just FCed 3 songs tonight and they're not posted to live. I'm not real thrilled about having to go do them over again either.