Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   brag: car finally arrived (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555701)

TeeJayOrTJ 11-28-2007 10:55 AM

Re: brag: car finally arrived

[ QUOTE ]
sweet whip vish, i'm more of a benz guy but i cant argue with that. plz to be ghost riding it?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Also, I thought you were a bicycle guy

Ship Ship McGipp 11-28-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] [censored], i decided 6 months ago i was getting a car like this and all you [censored] wanna get the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

ae jones update: life is a game and you have to beat others or else you lose

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm like lewis in deliverance

Triumph36 11-28-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] [censored], i decided 6 months ago i was getting a car like this and all you [censored] wanna get the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure jfish told me he got the idea for buying a car from you - he hadn't even considered it a viable mode of transportation until you said something

keikiwai 11-28-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly sure I make almost the same or more than jfish so it's not his poker success that I'd be jealous of.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there a metetron / jfish tr somewhere w drunken skinny dipping that i missed?

diggla 11-28-2007 01:56 PM

another good buy, good solid german car! you appreciate the quality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mendacity 11-28-2007 02:05 PM

Do you live with your parents? The surrounding houses are beautiful.

critikal 11-28-2007 02:18 PM

Meteoron-
Though a SEP ira is nice (i think you can sock away 44k/year max) don't you also have to pay an additional self employment tax on your taxable income? What percent do you pay for this privilege?

TheMetetron 11-28-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meteoron-
Though a SEP ira is nice (i think you can sock away 44k/year max) don't you also have to pay an additional self employment tax on your taxable income? What percent do you pay for this privilege?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an entirely different discussion, but there isn't really an option to file as self-employed and pay the tax or not. The IRS has sent people letters demanding SE tax and telling them they should have filed Schedule C. Very, very few people are in odd situations where it could go either way.

SE tax is 15% up to $90k of your income. After that it is 2.9%. Including SE tax and federal income tax, I will pay a smidge under 20% total for a mid-six figure income this year (I'm surprised how few people know within a few thousand what their tax bill would be today if the year ended today).

hennnerz 11-28-2007 02:34 PM

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b.../bmw003iz7.jpg

Looks kinda like Jacko, sat in your car...was this an added extra?

TheWorstPlayer 11-28-2007 02:45 PM

why would anyone come to a BBV BRAG THREAD to discuss the merits of buying luxury goods. Take that ish elsewhere please. OP, sick car. Looks like a nice neighborhood, too.

RobBizzle 11-28-2007 02:50 PM

Nice car Jfish.

redCashion 11-28-2007 02:52 PM

Sweet car.. Is this your year-round ride?

LWor 11-28-2007 02:54 PM

Just wondering, did you take the pics at your parents' house or do you actually live there?

Not bashing or anything, but a 22 years old with a 63k car still living with his parents is kinda... weird?

Sick brag though, my favorite car in that price range.

jfish 11-28-2007 02:56 PM

yea year round ride, i need to put snow tires on now (lol). i have my own apartment in new york, but i ordered the car at my parents house so i had to come back to pick it up.

STA654 11-28-2007 02:56 PM

Do you live on a golf course?

Looks like a golf course to me.

balla ride though!

jfish 11-28-2007 02:58 PM

speaking of which, does anybody have any recommendations for snow tires? should i buy new wheels also or can i just put the new tires on these?

JKratzer 11-28-2007 03:02 PM

you don't need new wheels. only thing is the snow/salt/etc on the road during the winter can be tough on rims so make sure you keep it clean.

nice car.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-28-2007 03:30 PM

damn ur parents are doing well

vodoo 11-28-2007 03:33 PM

sweat car, how much did you pay?

cking 11-28-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shotgun!

[/ QUOTE ]

backseat in the middle feet on the hump!

Thremp 11-28-2007 04:01 PM

V nice.

Jenkem 11-28-2007 04:17 PM

jfish i made a post in bbv4life about the car i just picked up and i got an apartment in nyc too. what part of town you living in?

absoludicrous 11-30-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of which, does anybody have any recommendations for snow tires? should i buy new wheels also or can i just put the new tires on these?

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out the lug-nut size, buy some later model wheels from a different BMW, and slap on some nice Blizzaks.

jfish 11-30-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jfish i made a post in bbv4life about the car i just picked up and i got an apartment in nyc too. what part of town you living in?

[/ QUOTE ]

rochester, ny! only cos of school.

carol-ann 11-30-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'd get new wheels to put the snow tires on; it makes them easier to get changed imo.

Snow tires are also supposed to be more narrow and higher profile so you'd get different rims.

Pooter 11-30-2007 12:18 PM

GanstaReallion,

That car is fking nice, I'd buy one right now if i had the doe.

fringsrache 11-30-2007 12:41 PM

solid brag

havewemetbefore 11-30-2007 01:43 PM

Nice car man sick brag