Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   500k VPP mark reached (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357050)

Pudge714 03-23-2007 01:30 AM

Re: 500k VPP mark reached

Desdia,
Why don't you accept Joey's challenge in HU cash?
Just because Jman, durrr, make more money than z32 and Joey doesn't mean you need to hate on them.
Also there is a difference between VPPS and FPPS which I don't think you get.
When you become a supernova each VPP = 4.5 FPPs. (I think that's correct correct if wrong)
An Aston is 5mill FPPS not VPPS.

AtlBrvs4Life 03-23-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
Why don't you accept Joey's challenge in HU cash?
Just because Jman, durrr, make more money than z32 and Joey doesn't mean you need to hate on them.
Also there is a difference between VPPS and FPPS which I don't think you get.
When you become a supernova each VPP = 4.5 FPPs. (I think that's correct correct if wrong)
An Aston is 5mill FPPS not VPPS.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3.5 FPPs/VPP when you're supernova, but I agree with you that Desdia doesn't understand the difference.

Desdia, I'm glad you remember me being cool back in the day. I haven't changed at all. Keep that in mind when I tell you that you're being ridiculous in this thread and should just stop.

fluorescenthippo 03-23-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
Please just admit you are jealous because when you were 22 you couldn't make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I'm not jealous now. It's funny how y'all got jealousy out of this thread. It's also funny how I don't hate on players like Samo, Jman28, durrr, etc in HSNL who play the game that peaks my interest (NL cash) and who make wayyyy more than bigjoe and z32 but I'm not jealous of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you are. we all are. but mostly you.

bigj0e03 03-24-2007 04:44 AM

im very secure with the amount of money I make. I am also sure I could probably make more playing cash, but I am also sure it would be much more of a pain in the ass. I can make over a million a year stress free doing what I love (watching tv). I feel like if I played cash and went on quarter of a million or more upswings and downswings I couldnt live as stressfree as now. Also I'm lazy and comfortable and don't feel like changing, especially before I get a few Aston Martins. Playing the type of games durrrr and jman do require [censored] of thought and reassessment in order to stay a level ahead of the people they are playing, who for the most part are pretty [censored] good themselves, and I don't have the motivation to try and jump into those games right now. Not that I'm saying I would be as good as them even after months of trying, but that even if it was possible it just isn't something I want to do right now. but yea, desdia/flightrisk or whoever, you are a tool, thats about all.

suzzer99 03-24-2007 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can make over a million a year stress free

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any insight you'd care to share as to why you're the only person playing SNGs (afaik) that can claim anything remotely close to this right now?

bones 03-24-2007 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any insight you'd care to share as to why you're the only person playing SNGs (afaik) that can claim anything remotely close to this right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the most talented of the people who still want to play sngs. He can play the most volume at the highest levels and has the stomach for the inevitable swings.

ManChild 03-24-2007 05:53 AM

how many sng's a month / year / whatnot

Paul B. 03-24-2007 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can make over a million a year stress free doing what I love (watching tv).

[/ QUOTE ]

would you be interested in a prop bet?

lordTasse 03-24-2007 01:53 PM

hey bigjoe
whats your hourly?

suzzer99 03-24-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the most talented of the people who still want to play sngs. He can play the most volume at the highest levels and has the stomach for the inevitable swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there are a few things that make me wonder if there's more to it.

#1 Joey is the only dude to run 10% at the $500s on party in recent times, which curtains basically insinuated was a fluke. This was looking correct for a while after Party died, then Joey had that insane almost straight-up run.

#2 You got a guy like Gramps, who by all accounts is (or was) on an extended cooler. But still I think his opinion is that the upper level games are almost unbeatable excluding rakeback.

#3 If jman, raptor, strassa, curtains, newt, or any of the other SNG->cash stars thought they could make $1 mil w/o having to think that much, I think some if not all of them would be back at SNGs.

I dunno. It just seems like either joey is the luckiest SOB alive, or has some kind of bead on SNGs that no one else in the world has right now.

TheNoodleMan 03-24-2007 03:47 PM

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...l/DSC01651.jpg
Joey's secret to SNGs is located somewhere in this picture. I'd elaborate, but I fear I have already said too much.

curtains 03-24-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there are a few things that make me wonder if there's more to it.

#1 Joey is the only dude to run 10% at the $500s on party in recent times, which curtains basically insinuated was a fluke. This was looking correct for a while after Party died, then Joey had that insane almost straight-up run.

#2 You got a guy like Gramps, who by all accounts is (or was) on an extended cooler. But still I think his opinion is that the upper level games are almost unbeatable excluding rakeback.

#3 If jman, raptor, strassa, curtains, newt, or any of the other SNG->cash stars thought they could make $1 mil w/o having to think that much, I think some if not all of them would be back at SNGs.

I dunno. It just seems like either joey is the luckiest SOB alive, or has some kind of bead on SNGs that no one else in the world has right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW there is absolutely no chance I would ever put in the kind of hours necessary to make 1 mil per year at SnGs, even if I had the skill to do so. I play 2-2.5 hours per day on average and strongly wish to keep it that way.

In any case bigjoes results seem pretty much in line for what I'd guess the absolute best SnG player could earn at the highest levels, if he happens to be the best. My post was claiming that a longterm ROI of 10% was not possible, and I believe that its very clear that given the state of the games that it's not possible. 6% is very very good (which is what SS has bigjoe at over all buyins, not a subscriber so cant check his stats at specifically 1ks) but I never argued for a second that it wasn't attainable.

Eagles 03-24-2007 04:04 PM

curtains,
I'm not even sure if Joey has played enough 1ks for a good sample. Maybe combine the 530s and 1ks because they're basically the same people.

TravestyFund 03-24-2007 04:17 PM

IP ban? life ban? Hire J-lit for 30k?

bigj0e03 03-25-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

curtains 03-25-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to win the bet you have to win a million dollars and never get stressed also!

fluorescenthippo 03-25-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to win the bet you have to win a million dollars and never get stressed also!

[/ QUOTE ]

and constantly watching tv

momo_the_kid 03-25-2007 01:40 AM

1 million a year playing SNG?
it's only possible if partypoker comes back to US.
maybe he meant 1 million FPP.

curtains 03-25-2007 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 million a year playing SNG?
it's only possible if partypoker comes back to US.
maybe he meant 1 million FPP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are really really really really sick (aka can play ridiculous hours) and good its probably possible, of course counting the huge value of the FPPs and the bonuses stars is giving out to supernova elites.

Paul B. 03-25-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I don't want to wait a full year for a bet so here is what I propose: if you earn over 83k in a month playing SNGs, I ship $1600. If you don't, you ship me $1600. For as long as you want. Results to be verified by Sharkscope. If anyone else has any suggestions for this bet, gogogogo

curtains 03-25-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I don't want to wait a full year for a bet so here is what I propose: if you earn over 83k in a month playing SNGs, I ship $1600. If you don't, you ship me $1600. For as long as you want. Results to be verified by Sharkscope. If anyone else has any suggestions for this bet, gogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

but cmon thats unfair, because fpps are a signifigant portion of his profits.

bigj0e03 03-25-2007 04:00 AM

i never said i was going to make 1million playing sngs. I also make significant amounts of money playing mtts and plo, all while comfortably watching tv. If you give me 2.1 cents per FPP then I'll probly take you up on your bet when I get back from Monte Caro. Your a pretty big dog though, just to let you know. Let me know if youd like to up the bet, I'll go as high as 50k.

Paul B. 03-25-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i never said i was going to make 1million playing sngs. I also make significant amounts of money playing mtts and plo, all while comfortably watching tv. If you give me 2.1 cents per FPP then I'll probly take you up on your bet when I get back from Monte Caro. Your a pretty big dog though, just to let you know. Let me know if youd like to up the bet, I'll go as high as 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound pretty confident. What odds would you give for SNGs & MTTs only?

suzzer99 03-25-2007 04:40 AM

I think it should be for SNGs only, with FPPs. A bet over a month that includes MTTs is silly.

citanul 03-25-2007 12:51 PM

suzzer,

that joe can run bad for a month (and 3k sngs) is also poor for him in this bet. over the course of a year, his results will tend to even out better than even over the semi-long term that is the joe-month.

this all being said, i don't think that it's true that joe intends to make $1mil in sng cashes this year, or wants anyone to believe that he is. however, he is going to probably do it when you include the fpp + sne bonuses, without even "trying that hard."

everything else being equal i must point out at this time that in no way does 2p2 support or validate any prop bets, and any negotiations, escorwing, etc, that are done are entirely up to the parties involved, but should be taken off this board if possible. feel free to post when you have an agreement on what your bet is, but it is fairly vital that this space is not used as a line setting device for internet wagers. again, no amount of "power" of any 2p2 representative of any type will be used to enforce any bet, and people who continue to negotiate wagers in this space will be punished.

bigj0e03 03-25-2007 02:03 PM

you were the one that made the offer handsome, so I won't offer you any odds. And suzzer, I wasn't implying that the bet should include MTTs for the month, merely that when I made the million dollar statement I was including mtts and cash that I play and of course bonuses and whatever, however for the right compensation, and as long as I didn't travel too much during the month I am confident that I could make 83k playing just sngs alone. But whatever, bets like this never happen and I wouldn't do it for only 1600 dollars bc then if I felt like traveling I wouldn't be able to, and 1600 isn't worth it for me to "have" to be tied down for a month.