Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

wdcbooks 01-16-2007 03:34 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

Clown:

Hold off and just vote for your best candidate. That wasn't an exchange, I am just sure you are a villager.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 03:36 PM

The more I think about it the more I agree with what IY has been posting recently. Simply choosing the best players/wolf finders for the electorate gives the wolves a really easy cover/excuse for voting their own onto the electorate. Making people choose who they think is most trustworthy gives village far more information to use later and is probably a better plan regardless because players like Shorty and Traz will have a great deal of influence whether they are on the electorate or not.

Support IY

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And it is quite clear to me that there is one candidate here who is more liberal (WRT WW) than any other.

[/ QUOTE ]
<---- [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL - I intentionally included the WRT WW part because I knew you were playing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

xorbie 01-16-2007 03:40 PM

herbie,

on the flip side, its the same deal with wolves following around confirmed villagers in normal ww games when the confirmeds are wrong. it even gives the wolves more cover because they aren't making the call.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
herbie,

on the flip side, its the same deal with wolves following around confirmed villagers in normal ww games when the confirmeds are wrong. it even gives the wolves more cover because they aren't making the call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Help me out a little here - I understand how the situation you describe is bad but I don't understand how it is applicable as a counterpoint to the argument I was making [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

xorbie 01-16-2007 03:46 PM

if we just vote in "obvious villagers", its easy for the wolves to vote in the "obvious villagers" who aren't going to lynch them. i thought that was obvious...

chuckleslovakian 01-16-2007 03:49 PM

My platform is that of lynching Durron day 1. If elected I promise to make sure Durron does not live to see day 2. Remember, a vote for Chuck, is a vote for killing Durron.

chuckleslovakian 01-16-2007 04:01 PM

http://www.knitemare.org/cats/gray_kitten_power.jpg

lastchance 01-16-2007 04:02 PM

Thoughts: vote traz, vote shortline, let's get them up there early before wolves kill them.

There's no way in hell wolves can allow a good, protected traz up there.

support traz

Doctors are ridiculously powerful in this game.

Another thought: There are 17 village power roles, we have n0 peeks, and there are only 16 wolves + vanillagers. Anybody else feeling a mass claim?

(Don't do it yet, but I think it's a near auto-win, especially if seers peeked vanillagers).

shortline99 01-16-2007 04:04 PM

support chuck

lastchance 01-16-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thought: There are 17 village power roles, we have n0 peeks, and there are only 16 wolves + vanillagers. Anybody else feeling a mass claim?

(Don't do it yet, but I think it's a near auto-win, especially if seers peeked vanillagers).

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeated because I think we win here. Plus, if they miss a seer their first night, the extra free peek is just devastating.

chuckleslovakian 01-16-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
support chuck

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.knitemare.org/cats/supcat.jpg

MDoranD 01-16-2007 04:11 PM

Mass claims are lame.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if we just vote in "obvious villagers", its easy for the wolves to vote in the "obvious villagers" who aren't going to lynch them. i thought that was obvious...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I just don't see how that is any worse than supporting Traz because he is generically awesome. It gives us no information about anyone if Traz dies regardless of role because both villagers and wolves can vote for him with basically no reason. At least if an "obvious villager" dies and comes up wolf we can look back and see who supported him and why. Also, I don't ever recall playing in or reading a game where a newbie wolf was viewed as an "obvious villager" for more than a day or two. Particularly with the newbies, voting in obvious villagers seems like a very safe approach - its finding the obvious villagers that is the challenge.

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeated because I think we win here. Plus, if they miss a seer their first night, the extra free peek is just devastating.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would that work, since most of the roles are unprovable?

chuckleslovakian 01-16-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.knitemare.org/cats/wtfudoinmg4.jpg

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bleh - even on the off chance it would work it totally runs counter to the spirit of the game. Even if it was an auto-win I wouldn't participate and I think there are a lot of others who wouldn't either.

traz 01-16-2007 04:16 PM

mass claims are lame

traz 01-16-2007 04:18 PM

Also, voting in trustworthy villagers is akin to following seer-confirmed villagrs in a regular game. You don't do it just because they are "confirmed". The fact that they are confirmed doesn't mean they'll find wolves, under any circumstances.

Stephen H 01-16-2007 04:20 PM

Does chuck have a quirk of posting in all cats?

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kentucky Wildcats

traz 01-16-2007 04:24 PM

jeremy are you bad?

metsandfinsfan 01-16-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does voting traz protect him?

chuckleslovakian 01-16-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.knitemare.org/cats/kitten-sword.jpg

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeremy are you bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. People always think I'm bad though. This is SOP day one for me. If I get lynched, I'll come back villager, and it will just go to show that first day reads are no better than rand.

traz 01-16-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does voting traz protect him?

[/ QUOTE ]

It lets me influence a lynch, at least once :P

I've been thinking about it...and it might be good for the village to come up with some kind of list of potential lynches; a pool of like 5 players for the 3 elected ppl to choose the lynch from.

This prevents the 3 people completely disagreeing, gives the village some power, and makes sure that the 3 ppl don't have free reign to own villagers, if they are wolves. This should be enforced by voting off whoever doesn't vote from the pool.

Thats my opinion anyways.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 04:31 PM

Guys,
Electing Traz because he is the best wolf-finder in the game when he is a villager is more similar to following seer confirmed villagers in a normal game than voting for someone because you think they are likely a villager is..... How does someone voting for Traz today give us any information about them? It doesn't - just like the scenario of following seer confirmed villagers in a regular game doesn't. Voting for someone because they are promising to lynch someone you think is a wolf is cool too IMO. Voting for someone just because they are a good player sucks I think.

metsandfinsfan 01-16-2007 04:35 PM

im suspicious the way chuckles made his durron joke and then shortline immediately supports him.

traz 01-16-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
Electing Traz because he is the best wolf-finder in the game when he is a villager is more similar to following seer confirmed villagers in a normal game than voting for someone because you think they are likely a villager is..... How does someone voting for Traz today give us any information about them? It doesn't - just like the scenario of following seer confirmed villagers in a regular game doesn't. Voting for someone because they are promising to lynch someone you think is a wolf is cool too IMO. Voting for someone just because they are a good player sucks I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why ppl need to stop talking about voting so much, and talk about finding some baddies.

traz 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

You need to vote for whoever you think will make the best decision. Period, imo. How you decide this is up to you

dmk 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

list of 5 players:
jeremy
xorbie
zurvan
rand1()
rand2()

holla

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

Xorbie, why are two people on your wolf list also on your list of people to vote for?

[ QUOTE ]
imo the following people should all have a vote by tomorrow:

books
soah
luckay
shortline
iron yuppie
thebram
spook

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
possible wolves:

scott howard
thebram
jeremy
mdoran
wdbooks

and i think im forgetting someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

metsandfinsfan 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

support wdcbooks

Stephen H 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

Traz: How about the list of potential lynches be from people who got no votes today? I'd like the electorate to have enough leeway to hang themselves. If the 0 vote list is tiny, then the 1 vote list can be added, too.

I'm not sure if I really like this idea, or if I only like it because I already have a vote.

traz 01-16-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jeremy are you bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. People always think I'm bad though. This is SOP day one for me. If I get lynched, I'll come back villager, and it will just go to show that first day reads are no better than rand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime someone says that I want to gouge my eyes out

xorbie 01-16-2007 04:37 PM

this is why we need to discuss who we should actually lynch instead of doing it the roundabout way.

xorbie 01-16-2007 04:41 PM

jeremy,

first of all lists weren't made at the same time. second of all, possible wolves doesn't preclude those people from being useful later if they appear more villagery.

Jeremy517 01-16-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jeremy are you bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime someone says that I want to gouge my eyes out

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh whatever. Obviously there are times when first-day reads are going to be accurate, and a few people might get better than rand percentages with their reads, but most people's first day reads are crap.

shortline99 01-16-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to vote for whoever you think will make the best decision. Period, imo. How you decide this is up to you

[/ QUOTE ]
i've decided i will make the best decision

traz 01-16-2007 04:44 PM

OR

maybe each person should make a list of X-ppl they might lynch, if they are voted. They must follow this list. This might make it easier to choose who to vote for as well.

Mostly, I don't want random wolves being elected and then choosing a random player they think is wolfy and killing him, and then saying..."damn, I thought he was a wolf,really".

Yes, I realise how I find wolves seems to be that way sometimes, but thats irrelevant