Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   October [censored] thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513878)

CrushinFelt 10-31-2007 11:12 AM

Re: October [censored] thread

I'd love to see Bernanke not cut rates today.

skindog 10-31-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could definitely see it happening, but my portfolio wouldn't like it. What time do they let us know? I want to watch the fireworks.

Henry17 10-31-2007 11:54 AM

2pm. It is all they keep talking about today on the news. I can't see how they would fail to cut given how much everyone expects it. It would make an interesting day.

----

The guy who is selling his house but will give you back the full purchase price when he dies. Awful deal but everyone thinks it is great.

bdams19 10-31-2007 12:49 PM

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/18...-search-sites/

does BIDU still have any value? I bought it at 150 and sold it at 190 (steller move not), and I am actually reconsidering re entering in this position at 380 (!?). Anyone have any take on this? China is basically making it a monopoly.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 10-31-2007 01:05 PM

whats the deal with China and these monopolies? is that really going to be constructive?

ItalianFX 10-31-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could definitely see it happening, but my portfolio wouldn't like it. What time do they let us know? I want to watch the fireworks.

[/ QUOTE ]

2:15pm EST, just to be exact.

john kane 10-31-2007 01:56 PM

anyone got any ideas for a good long term forex position other than JPY/USD (if i cant get CNY/USD)?

also anyone other commodity other than silver and gold? (i am kicking myself over not getting round to investing in oil when i was going to at $80). preferably a commodity with long term good prospects but not too correlated with gold and silver (which from what i know are very correlated).

many thanks if you can help.

also maybe a long term good stock?

sorry for having to ask, hopefully one day down the line ill be able to contribute better.

thanks if you can suggest a position.

john

DcifrThs 10-31-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold at $785. If it goes to $1000 before July 1st 2008, Barron owes me $500. Going to spend that money on a hooker on his dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not get 2? or go for the trifecta? two cheap hookers & blo...

that is if gold makes it that far...

Barron

gonebroke2 10-31-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gold at $785. If it goes to $1000 before July 1st 2008, Barron owes me $500. Going to spend that money on a hooker on his dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get two. The dollar is not what it used to be. Prices are going up, even for pussy.

ahnuld 10-31-2007 05:05 PM

yeah, bernanke forgot to take the pussy inflation stats into account. Now its gonna go through the roof! Gotta arbitrage some amsterdam hookers in to LV

DcifrThs 10-31-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get two. The dollar is not what it used to be. Prices are going up, even for pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you're tellin me you made a baaaad bet...

if gold goes >=$1k and you win, your $500 won't buy as much as mine will if gold doesn't touch $1k

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Barron