Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   (NC) post on tone (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554428)

ikestoys 11-25-2007 11:57 PM

Re: (NC) post on tone

[ QUOTE ]

1) The "good posters" (whatever that means) should ignore threads they find to be standard/retreads/etc. No one is obligated to post in EVERY thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
i do for the most part, but when the dumb post becomes a longer, dumb thread i feel obliged to step in and state the obv

pineapple888 11-26-2007 01:05 AM

Learn how to use the "ignore" feature.

Then use it liberally.

I already have two dickwads who've posted in this thread on "ignore".

manupod 11-26-2007 01:13 AM

Your use of the word dickwad is not really helping with the attitude of this place.

Time to use that ignore button. Oh noes what about all pineapples good strat posts? lolololololol

crunchi 11-26-2007 01:58 AM

2p2 is my daily dose of comedy. I kinda like the way the forums are at the moment.

the machine 11-26-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn how to use the "ignore" feature.

Then use it liberally.

I already have two dickwads who've posted in this thread on "ignore".

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been a member here for 3 years, and i dont have one person on ignore. seems pretty childish imo.

sh58 11-26-2007 03:15 PM

i think the main problem is people not taking enough time and effort in their OP's.

i try to only post interesting hands, and i explain my thoughts in the hand, my reads, any stats etc.

when someone shoves a random hand into SSNL you shouldn't be suprised that the responses are short and unhelpful.

i do however get annoyed when i make a post, ask several questions at the end and get a 1 word response from people.

MyTurn2Raise 11-28-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually I take that back. I don't post much in MSNL b/c there are proportionally a lot more aholes there, so a good friendly community is important, but I don't think SSNL is that bad at all. if you take away ikestoys posts and people flaming Nielso we're all quite nice

[/ QUOTE ]

SSNL may be nicer than MSNL, but that doesn't mean it's a very friendly place. I don't post as much in here as often as I used to or should be, but I still lurk a ton and have definitely noticed what the OP is saying. SSNL has gradually become a very unfriendly place.

[/ QUOTE ]

most of 2p2 has become an unfriendly place

such is the nature of dealing with professional gamblers

bilbo-san 11-28-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) The "good posters" (whatever that means) should ignore threads they find to be standard/retreads/etc. No one is obligated to post in EVERY thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
i do for the most part, but when the dumb post becomes a longer, dumb thread i feel obliged to step in and state the obv

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this.

I think those of us who have been here long enough have enough stuff from some threads in the stickies that a little research will get you the explanation you need for one of our one-liners.