Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Quick rock paper scissors question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553367)

Yeti 11-25-2007 02:39 PM

Re: Quick rock paper scissors question

The more I think about it the more appalled I am by this thread! After some thought I've realised I throw all mine vertically, 100% of the time. Throwing a horizontal paper seems very unnatural. As long as the action is clear who the f cares what angle it is at?

Taso 11-25-2007 02:45 PM

I don't know, I've never heard of anything as crazy as the talk in this thread.

You move your wrist/maybe arm up and down verticly, keeping your hand verticle for the "rocks" "paper" "scissors" "shoot!", turning it sideways if you throw out paper is extremley innefficient. Also, in my league we moved away from saying "Rocks..." outloud, to a more silent, professional approach, that allows for greater concentration.

adsman 11-25-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I think about it the more appalled I am by this thread! After some thought I've realised I throw all mine vertically, 100% of the time. Throwing a horizontal paper seems very unnatural. As long as the action is clear who the f cares what angle it is at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paper needs to come out at a slight angle pointing downwards away from your body. The preferred angle would be around 12 degrees. Scissors comes out striaght up and down. You cannot do paper in this way as you could be said to have changed from scissors to paper after the fact. Anyway, this is all largely irrelevant as anybody who is worth their weight in rock-scissors-paper knows to throw rock the majority of the time.

NickMPK 11-25-2007 03:23 PM

Unambiguously paper, and I don't see how this is angle shoot.
The orientation of your hand doesn't matter in this game, only how many fingers are protruding from you fist.
An open hand with your fingers splayed apart would still be paper. Two fingers stuck together would scissors.

11-25-2007 05:26 PM

Are there any RPS professionals here? Is the game actually beatable? I don't want to play if it's like Tic Tac Toe.

Taso 11-25-2007 05:41 PM

Oh...it's beatable.

MC Chris 11-25-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, I've never heard of anything as crazy as the talk in this thread.

You move your wrist/maybe arm up and down verticly, keeping your hand verticle for the "rocks" "paper" "scissors" "shoot!", turning it sideways if you throw out paper is extremley innefficient. Also, in my league we moved away from saying "Rocks..." outloud, to a more silent, professional approach, that allows for greater concentration.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? why would you even say "rocks"? it's rock. rock paper scissors. not rocks paper scissors. and you are the pro here?

MC Chris 11-25-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unambiguously paper, and I don't see how this is angle shoot.
The orientation of your hand doesn't matter in this game, only how many fingers are protruding from you fist.
An open hand with your fingers splayed apart would still be paper. Two fingers stuck together would scissors.

[/ QUOTE ]

best post in this thread

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-25-2007 06:22 PM

rock paper sex is a way better game.

XXXNoahXXX 11-25-2007 06:32 PM

the more important question is, what do you say before every throw?