Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Mizzou VS KU football thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549332)

Mr. Mojo31 11-19-2007 05:21 PM

Re: Official Mizzou VS KU football thread

The only thing Missouri ever got right was burning Lawrence.

Please God, somehow, someway, please let both of these schools lose.

KUJustin 11-19-2007 05:21 PM

Laughing at comparisons between the Cowboy and Tiger offenses just makes you look silly. Sure, I'll give the edge to Mizzou but it's not a significant difference.

pvn 11-19-2007 05:27 PM

KU by 14.

KUJustin 11-19-2007 05:28 PM

Also, it may be hard to have a productive discussion about this game if only because the teams are both simply very good and extremely even.

I'm being a total homer in saying this, but I think this will come down to Mangino outcoaching Pinkel. Those who follow KU closely know that Mangino has a knack for outcoaching guys in these big games. Again though, that's just my results-oriented, homer thinking.

Still, you can compare all you want but what you're going to come up with is Mizzou is arguably stronger on offense, Kansas is probably stronger on defense, Mizzou has the tougher game on their schedule, etc, etc. There's no discernible significant edge either way. My guess is this thread degenerates into a lot of nonsensical anecdotal arguments honing in on some one specific game out of the entire season.

KUJustin 11-19-2007 05:30 PM

PS - What do people think about KU agreeing to move this game to Kansas City? They're estimating a 70+% KU crowd, but obviously it's at least 2-3 points better to have this game on campus. Of course, who knew we'd be 11-0 going into it.

Overall, I think it was a very smart move, but I do think it backfired for this year. I may be glad for it next year though if we're at 9-2, on the verge of a BCS game, and get to go to a somewhat friendly Arrowhead instead of the hostile Columbia environment.

fanmail 11-19-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS - What do people think about KU agreeing to move this game to Kansas City? They're estimating a 70+% KU crowd, but obviously it's at least 2-3 points better to have this game on campus. Of course, who knew we'd be 11-0 going into it.

Overall, I think it was a very smart move, but I do think it backfired for this year. I may be glad for it next year though if we're at 9-2, on the verge of a BCS game, and get to go to a somewhat friendly Arrowhead instead of the hostile Columbia environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I live in KC and hopefully this will be a staple game in the future. Although, driving up to Lawrence for this particular game would have been so sick.

Ditch Digger 11-19-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely a good thing in the long run. KC is right on the border so it kinda adds to the whole border war theme. Also, having some many extra seats is awesome.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to go. I live about 5-6 hours away in SE Missouri and have a ride and ticket if I want them. Unfortunately, I'll be really hungover Saturday and I'm not sure 12 hours on the road and watching it live is much better than staying home and watching it in on a 50 inch HD with a bunch of my friends.

mutigers5591 11-19-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it may be hard to have a productive discussion about this game if only because the teams are both simply very good and extremely even.

I'm being a total homer in saying this, but I think this will come down to Mangino outcoaching Pinkel. Those who follow KU closely know that Mangino has a knack for outcoaching guys in these big games. Again though, that's just my results-oriented, homer thinking.

Still, you can compare all you want but what you're going to come up with is Mizzou is arguably stronger on offense, Kansas is probably stronger on defense, Mizzou has the tougher game on their schedule, etc, etc. There's no discernible significant edge either way. My guess is this thread degenerates into a lot of nonsensical anecdotal arguments honing in on some one specific game out of the entire season.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i agree with this post except saying Mangino has been a great coach in big games.....when has kansas ever been in a big game...they have sucked for a long time until this year and this year the only game coming close to a big game was at oklahoma state

"those who follow ku closely know that mangino has a knack for outcoaching these guys in big games"

lol

pirateboy 11-19-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KU by 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

jalexand42 11-19-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KU by 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll book $1000 with you that MU wins by 14 vs your $1000 that KU wins by 14.

Escrow required.