Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Atlanta Braves offseason thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547080)

leehrat 11-18-2007 08:53 PM

Re: **Atlanta Braves offseason thread

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could've, but I am a big believer in rewarding someone when they do something right and punishing someone when they do something wrong. Unfortunately there's too little punishing in society so I try to make up for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an incredibly douchey comment. This is a goddamn sports forum on a discussion board.

RacersEdge 11-18-2007 09:02 PM

That rotation is too risky IMO. Every issue that Smoltz and Glavine had durability health-wise can only be expected to be a litle worse this year. And who knows about Hampton. They need another legit #3 guy in there.

Zutroy 11-18-2007 09:08 PM

Wasn't Glavine pretty much done last year? A 96 ERA+, 4.1k/G and 2.9BB/G. I mean, maybe he rebounds, but the dude is a million years old at this point and another season like the last wouldn't be unexpected. I guess it depends on how much they pay him but it might not be a bad idea to hold on to that draft pick.

leehrat 11-18-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this deal a lot, 1st Rd draft picks are basically crapshots anyway. If Glavine can stay healthy and continue to pitch well this could really solidify the rotation.

-Smoltz
-Hudson
-Glavine
-James
-Hampton/Carlyle

This could be among the best Rotations in the League if the older guys can continue to pitch well and stay healthy. Hudson needs to get his career back on track and perform like he did in Oakland in the late 90's early 00's. Chuck James looks like he will be an average-above average middle of the rotation starter, and with Hampton who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's the huge caveat. James and Carlyle are both #5 starters, and Hampton (even if healthy, a huge if) will probably be a marginal #5 given his age, time off, etc. Who knows what to expect with him.

We can't expect Smoltz to remain healthy for the entire regular season, let alone into the playoffs at this stage of his career. Glavine loses gas down the stretch at his age, and Hudson can be schizophrenic. We still need a solid #4 pitcher, at least.

BGnight 11-18-2007 09:14 PM

Wtf is up w/ all the Chipper bashing? I seriously doubt half the stuff said about him in this thread are true. Not a leader.......lol. I seriously doubt anyone posting about Chipper's showering habits is a very credible person to listen to. Trying to bash on Chipper is like bashing on Al Gore for turning on lights in his house. You obviously don't like him for some stupid reason and will latch on to any stupid rumor to justify it.

And lol at Smoltz calling him out for playing injured. He's a fking pitcher!!!!

Vyse 11-18-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could've, but I am a big believer in rewarding someone when they do something right and punishing someone when they do something wrong. Unfortunately there's too little punishing in society so I try to make up for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an incredibly douchey comment. This is a goddamn sports forum on a discussion board.

[/ QUOTE ]

IME I've learned people who actually use the word "douche" and "douchebag" are retards not worth the time of day.

Borgland 11-19-2007 12:31 AM

Glavine signed for 8 million according to wsb.

Borgland 11-19-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is up w/ all the Chipper bashing? I seriously doubt half the stuff said about him in this thread are true. Not a leader.......lol. I seriously doubt anyone posting about Chipper's showering habits is a very credible person to listen to. Trying to bash on Chipper is like bashing on Al Gore for turning on lights in his house. You obviously don't like him for some stupid reason and will latch on to any stupid rumor to justify it.

And lol at Smoltz calling him out for playing injured. He's a fking pitcher!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoltz is the clubhouse leader and he proved it by doing that. Perhaps you should try watching more games instead of posting ignorant crap like that.

Needle77 11-19-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know little about MLB free agency, did the Mets offer arbitration?

Borgland 11-19-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know little about MLB free agency, did the Mets offer arbitration?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt say. Just mentioned the money.