Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What else do you want to see from 'things it took me a while to learn' (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544691)

bookish 11-14-2007 05:34 AM

Re: What else do you want to see from \'things it took me a while to le

I know you've said "thats enough now people" but I've just remembered my leak.

"Playing a big stack".

I'll be quiet now.

Zefa 11-14-2007 06:37 AM

Min raises. When to use them, and how to deal with them.

Qar 11-14-2007 07:02 AM

Bond18, thanks for the prev articles, super stuff.

I have a question on the part 1, stack sizes, I post here, cant find it right now.

The buy-ins I play at ($5-12) people often limp a lot, especially early on. My question is: how to deal with 1-2 limpers with 14-25 BB stack.

Example: $10 buy-in, 150 to start with, 96 left. Hero at CO with A9o at 1800 chips. UTG+1 (45/15, stack 2200)) limps, CO+1 (25/6, stack 3200) limps. Blinds 50/100.

Hero? Limping behind seems pretty bad. Raising to 300 or 400 seems pretty bad. I really dont know what to do here. Best play I think is fold, or I don't know, that's why I'm asking. If I raise, I'm sure at least one calls. Sometimes I push AI at a spot like this, but I just witnessed someone limping with QQ from EP so it doesn't always mean the LAG limpers don't have a hand.

Some of the players at these low levels are so bad, they can limp with K4s or something, even at the 50/100 level. So my question is how to counter those 1-3 limpers that seem to pop up almost every round from early to mid stages. I actually love the mid-to-late stages where the limpers disappear, I just hate playing against them. And you never know where you stand, many limp with AK.

So, for more articles, I second a more in-depth sort of guide on how to play 14-25 BB stacks. You wrote before that this is the stack for restealing, not for stealing. This is my other question: it's also true that I can sit at a table and witness not a single steal for like 45 mins at the small stakes MTT's. If I have 14-21 BB I can't resteal if nobody is stealing right. If they're PFR are 3-8 they are not stealing.

So, I figured, to keep going despite being card dead, I must still regardless or then shove when 1-2 players limp. Am I correct? For me these remain the only stealing opportunities at these kind of tables.

Thanks for the comments.

pokerfreak_21 11-15-2007 02:28 PM

multi level thinking

Win.by.TKo 11-15-2007 02:30 PM

I second that. More specifically, I would like to know how to determine where my opponents are at regarding Multi-Level Thinking. I believe that I am overthinking (read: giving some opponents too much credit) hands that cause me to go astray.