Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   soap c/r (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543581)

worm33 11-14-2007 03:16 AM

Re: soap c/r

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think of Soaps turn line?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends what SB did. if he folded the turn, then soap should call the turn raise and check/call a board pair and check/raise a brick.

EDIT: actually, I think that may be the line no matter what SB does, as hero clearly (a) has a set or (b) is drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob this is bad. Like real bad.

CardSharpCook 11-14-2007 04:41 AM

What amuses me most is that OP mentioned, as his reasons for capping, that "the hand will be easier to play." Given you've redefined "losing the maximum" on this hand, I have doubts as the the efficacy of "...will be easier to play."

PokerBob 11-14-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think of Soaps turn line?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends what SB did. if he folded the turn, then soap should call the turn raise and check/call a board pair and check/raise a brick.

EDIT: actually, I think that may be the line no matter what SB does, as hero clearly (a) has a set or (b) is drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob this is bad. Like real bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right. with SB in there, we just need to go bonkers. but if sb folds 4betting this turn is awful. unless you intend to check/fold a river board pair.

hoppscot22 11-14-2007 05:03 AM

bob i think he is implicating that you are being results oriented, which might be somewhat legitimate by the way you formulated your posts TBH

in reality i think just jamming here is the best option, the sb obviously sucks and will continue to play [censored] the rest of the hand, OP is over agg and wont fold so i think jam jam jamming is by far the best option in the given scenario.

PokerBob 11-14-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bob i think he is implicating that you are being results oriented, which might be somewhat legitimate by the way you formulated your posts TBH

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

CardSharpCook 11-14-2007 05:15 AM

if anything, Bob's line is being un-results oriented. Vs. a thinking opponent, 4betting the turn turns your hand face up. It can no longer be KJ+, it is exactly QT. Setting up a nice check/raise on the field is very sexy. However, I disagree that "if sb folds, 4betting this turn is awful". From Soap's POV, "hero" has 5bet pf, and 3bet the turn after heavy flop action. I have no doubt in my mind that "hero" has KK. I don't believe that "hero" will finally fold top set for one more bet on the river, so I def. go ahead and 4bet the turn. OTOH, if he does indeed have KK and we just call the turn, he'll likely put us on JJ/99 and bet the river anyway. So yeah, I guess I actually agree with PBob. Call the 3bet, check/raise the river when the board doesn't pair. You get the same 5BB in with both lines, but in PBob's line, you save a bet when the board pairs.

PokerBob 11-14-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if anything, Bob's line is being un-results oriented. Vs. a thinking opponent, 4betting the turn turns your hand face up. It can no longer be KJ+, it is exactly QT. Setting up a nice check/raise on the field is very sexy. However, I disagree that "if sb folds, 4betting this turn is awful". From Soap's POV, "hero" has 5bet pf, and 3bet the turn after heavy flop action. I have no doubt in my mind that "hero" has KK. I don't believe that "hero" will finally fold top set for one more bet on the river, so I def. go ahead and 4bet the turn. OTOH, if he does indeed have KK and we just call the turn, he'll likely put us on JJ/99 and bet the river anyway. So yeah, I guess I actually agree with PBob. Call the 3bet, check/raise the river when the board doesn't pair. You get the same 5BB in with both lines, but in PBob's line, you save a bet when the board pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo. putting in 5 bets when we KNOW we have the best hand is much more fun then doing it when we know we never win.

that_pope 11-14-2007 03:17 PM

We call on the river hoping there is a 2-3% chance he misread/forgot his hand and has Q9 instead...