Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   call of duty 4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539038)

DukeSucks 11-06-2007 11:17 PM

Re: call of duty 4

does online let you play against people with the same skills? I want to get it, but it would be my first one, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it I kept getting killed every 5 seconds.

BCPVP 11-07-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does online let you play against people with the same skills? I want to get it, but it would be my first one, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it I kept getting killed every 5 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Play the single player on veteran difficulty. You'll get pretty good at using cover and moving fast. Worked out ok for me with COD2. Then it just becomes a matter of figuring out the maps.

I can't wait to get home this weekend so I can buy this. The beta multiplayer videos on youtube are driving me crazy!

Corpsebean 11-07-2007 05:10 AM

Uh okay, just played this online for a while instead of doing homework. (Standard)

CoD 4 >>>>>>>>> Halo 3 + TF2 combined.

Holy christ this game is fun. Knife kills give me wood.

Jazzy3113 11-07-2007 01:03 PM

God damnit. How the heck am i supposed to choose between assains and COD4.

Its weird in poker/sports betting I show no regard for money at all, but whenever I make a real life purchase I am so cheap.

Please post screenshots to motivate me just to buy cod4.

Here is the one reason I am hesistant. I loved ww2 and play all the games for that era starting with medal of honor. However, i always played for the pc. I feel you got much better control with the mouse. However, when I tried to play medal of honor on a console, I found the controls cumbersome and unwieldy.

I accept the fact that COD4 probably has awesome graphics and gameplay, but I am concerned I wont enjoy it because of the controls. Can someone tell me if they are similar to halo3 movements?
thanks

Khaos4k 11-07-2007 01:38 PM

It's out for PC as well.

Corpsebean 11-07-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God damnit. How the heck am i supposed to choose between assains and COD4.

Its weird in poker/sports betting I show no regard for money at all, but whenever I make a real life purchase I am so cheap.

Please post screenshots to motivate me just to buy cod4.

Here is the one reason I am hesistant. I loved ww2 and play all the games for that era starting with medal of honor. However, i always played for the pc. I feel you got much better control with the mouse. However, when I tried to play medal of honor on a console, I found the controls cumbersome and unwieldy.

I accept the fact that COD4 probably has awesome graphics and gameplay, but I am concerned I wont enjoy it because of the controls. Can someone tell me if they are similar to halo3 movements?
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Call of Duty 4 is on the PC too.

And if you can afford to sports bet you can afford to buy 2 games.

RiverFenix 11-07-2007 07:36 PM

Oh man picking this up would really cut into my TF2 time

PITTM 11-08-2007 01:58 AM

Game of the Last 5 years IMO. I wish i didnt have to work for the next year.

wonderwes 11-08-2007 02:23 AM

I guess the better question what version do you get: PC or console?

Khaos4k 11-08-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the better question what version do you get: PC or console?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say PC for the tighter controls. Console does have matchmaking though.