Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   QJs got there on river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535771)

Unknown Soldier 11-01-2007 12:02 PM

Re: QJs got there on river

not alot of value in the river, but you're nearly always ahead so might aswell i guess.

corsakh 11-01-2007 12:20 PM

I'd bet much much less. You played the hand like you had JT, make a small obvious value bet. This may force some people to fold better hands and may be small enough for some to call with worse.

ps You cant really represent a bluff here. There is like on busted draw and thats it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ap0calypse 11-01-2007 02:12 PM

If villian has any hand reading skills at all, I don't see him ever calling with 8x or 9x. This is more thin than people make it out to be I think.

Bubsy27 11-01-2007 02:15 PM

I like it apart from the turn call. I don't think you've got odds to call that bet, if you think there is a possibility villain might be double barrelling with nothing that raise the turn allin though.

wdead 11-01-2007 02:50 PM

Yea definately raise the turn. He might even fold AA! If he shoves, oh well you have outs.

Shizzle12345 11-01-2007 03:18 PM

Nobody commenting on preflop call? calling here is a leak, and im pretty damn loose. Unless the guy is an idiot postflop, or generally a fish, or its Fgators, I hate calling here. Also your pretty tight, so you can try raising the turn. There arent alot of hands he can continue with. Even tho he might think your full of it. A 9 isnt really a large part of his range imo. And you fold out hands like TT and maybe JJ.

cs3 11-01-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody commenting on preflop call? calling here is a leak, and im pretty damn loose. Unless the guy is an idiot postflop, or generally a fish, or its Fgators, I hate calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

Isura 11-01-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think a big bet is any good here since you can't rep a bluff with this line. I mean, for you to be bluffing he has to put you on a double float pretty much. If there was a flush draw or something on the flop then a bigger bet would be more viable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you should be bluffing some % of the time with any line you take.

Speedlimits 11-01-2007 05:32 PM

looks like TT-JJ. nh

Jay Riall 11-01-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think a big bet is any good here since you can't rep a bluff with this line. I mean, for you to be bluffing he has to put you on a double float pretty much. If there was a flush draw or something on the flop then a bigger bet would be more viable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you should be bluffing some % of the time with any line you take.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously theoretically, but practically (especially at 200NL) this is def not the case.