Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   would Jesus have been good at poker? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531223)

diddyeinstein 10-26-2007 11:44 AM

Re: would Jesus have been good at poker?

[ QUOTE ]

More info on Ken's strategy can be found here http://www.cheat-at-poker.com/ , it worked for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Apparently step #1 is to collude. I wonder what step #2 is, I'll get an email tomorrow.

Suigin406 10-26-2007 11:46 AM

the better quesiton is could jesus overcome the doomswitch from full tilt??

SABR42 10-26-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that all the bravado and silly talk about God is stupid. If you are correct and there is no God, you gain nothing when you die. If you are wrong and there is a God, you taunted and dis-respected the being that created the universe. Seems like a stupid free-roll when eternity is the stake you have on the table...

[/ QUOTE ]
What if you chose to believe in the wrong god/gods?

Mike Kelley 10-26-2007 11:59 AM

Least you gave yourself a chance to win I guess.

SABR42 10-26-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Least you gave yourself a chance to win I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now suppose there is a "God" out there who only sends atheists to heaven.

Now who's free-rolling?

This is not to say I believe in such a "God," just showing you how flawed Pascal's wager is.

Landlord79 10-26-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that all the bravado and silly talk about God is stupid. If you are correct and there is no God, you gain nothing when you die. If you are wrong and there is a God, you taunted and dis-respected the being that created the universe. Seems like a stupid free-roll when eternity is the stake you have on the table...

[/ QUOTE ]

The hard part about Christianity that people refuse to see is, you don't have to reach this far of an extreme to be cast out of heaven at judgment. The way is narrow and the more you read the entire word the more you see this.

Josh McDowell at one point was an atheist. In trying to disprove the legitimacy of Christ, he proved it to himself and wrote about it.

FWIW - Jesus still is the ultimate, non-tracable super-user, FTW.

davidlong14 10-26-2007 12:09 PM

Jesus = the OG Super-User...

SABR42 10-26-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh McDowell at one point was an atheist. In trying to disprove the legitimacy of Christ, he proved it to himself and wrote about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
And many adults who were brought up as Christians abandoned Christianity after reading the Bible thoroughly, so what's your point?

Landlord79 10-26-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What if you chose to believe in the wrong god/gods?

[/ QUOTE ]

Freewill is a tricky thing. W/O freewill we would not have the opportunity to choose our eternal status. If you choose to believe in Christ, he offers you a free gift, but you have to reach out and accept it.

If you choose something else, I pray that at least one of us is right.

Landlord79 10-26-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And many adults who were brought up as Christians abandoned Christianity after reading the Bible thoroughly, so what's your point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many are called, but few are chosen... I'm just replying with credible authors here. McDowell used more sources than just the Bible. He looked at all literature both religious and secular.