Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   the Magic card game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529697)

neuroman 10-24-2007 07:27 PM

Re: the Magic card game

[ QUOTE ]
http://images.poquer-red.com/noticias/minieri-magic.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Never have I wanted so much to punch someone in the face.

tabako 10-24-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone still play? Anyone play online? I was never interested in playing online until i found out if you want you can exchange your online cards for real ones within 4 years of purchase which is pretty cool. I read the online community is pretty small though with only 2-4k playing online at most times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still play online. It's only worth doing if you win enough to not have to pay to play, imo.

econophile 10-24-2007 07:50 PM

I wish I had the link to DS's article from a few months ago, "Saddle Points For Tournament Mana Values in Split Pot Magic Games."

4 High 10-24-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone still play? Anyone play online? I was never interested in playing online until i found out if you want you can exchange your online cards for real ones within 4 years of purchase which is pretty cool. I read the online community is pretty small though with only 2-4k playing online at most times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still play online. It's only worth doing if you win enough to not have to pay to play, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do packs cost online? Same as real world? I saw just signing up costs 10 bucks, do they at least give you a starter deck to start with? Are one on one matches free? Or do you have to pay for every match? Can you buy singles directly from the game?

Woolygimp 10-24-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do packs cost online? Same as real world? I saw just signing up costs 10 bucks, do they at least give you a starter deck to start with? Are one on one matches free? Or do you have to pay for every match? Can you buy singles directly from the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

The word bucks is stupid. Stop using it.

Also, I think it's free for the most part signup fees/deck costs aside.

4 High 10-24-2007 09:45 PM

I know tournaments cost money or tokens or something which are worth money, but i just want to make sure i can play random people heads up for free. If not f it.

rja87 10-24-2007 10:06 PM

You can play for free with the beginners decks or whatever in the new players area but that's it. When you pay the $10 to join they give u a $10 coupon for the store, which is almost enough to draft.

tabako 10-24-2007 10:43 PM

If you just want to throw a deck together and play, thats free to do once you get the cards. Earlier, I was referring to the draft queues.

rutang 10-25-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my primary circle of friends and I are all old magic pros/players who are now pro poker players, and there are tons of us. Hanging out at the WSOP was like a reunion of old magic pros...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? I hung out with a lot of old magic pros past two WSOPs.

Off the top of my head: Gary Wise, Bob Maher, Dave Williams, Neil Reaves, Geddes Cooper, Ben Stark, Billy Stead, Marco Blume, Dirk Baberowski, I also saw a lot of the northeastern guys like Brock and Baby Huey.

I just missed Kai Budde, and heard rumors that Sven Geertson and Sigurd Esklund were there, but missed both of them. I'm sure I haven't remembered even half of the MTGers I saw.

martenJ 10-25-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, my first experience with Texas Hold Em was playing with other MTG Pros at a Pro Tour event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

[/ QUOTE ]