Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBN2 Fantasy Basketball Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528384)

MEbenhoe 10-22-2007 08:10 PM

Re: Post Draft Fantasy Basketball Thread

Dave,

How many teams have you offered West and Jack to for players that were drafted higher than them?

sergsz 10-22-2007 08:42 PM

Best and worst values by round:

Round 1
Best value - Yao
Worst Value - Okafor

Round 2
Best - Big Al
Worst - Manu

Round 3
Best - Billups
Worst - Rip Hamilton

Round 4
Best - Odom
Worst - Rondo

Round 5
Best - Jermaine O'Neil
Worst - Ricky Davis

Round 6
Best - Felton / Darko, and I also like my Devin Harris pick
Worst - Korver / Curry

Round 7
Best - Marvin Williams / Tyrus Thomas
Worst - Luther Head

Round 8
Best - Diaw
Worst - nothing really jumps out

Round 9
Best - Troy Murphy
Worst - Adam Morrison

Round 10
Best - Grant Hill
Worst - everything's pretty reasonable

Round 11
Best - Outlaw / Maxiell / Dorell Wright
Worst - Marcus Williams

Round 12
Best - Brewer / Carroll
Worst - none

Round 13
Best - Stack / Amir Johnson
Worst - Balkman / Juwan Howard

Round 14
Best - Reggie Evans / Louis Williams / Ike Diogu
Worst - Damien Wilikins

Round 15
Best - Turiaf / Steve blake
Worst - Taurean Green

Round 16
Best - Mike James / DJ Strawberry / Brezec
Worst - Jaric / Antoine Walker

Round 17
Best - Fesenko / O'Bryant
Worst - nothing's unreasonable at this point in the draft

Assani Fisher 10-22-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What "system" are you talking about? I see people say "the system" all the time when talking about the Suns, but they run a basic fastbreak and pick and roll offense. Barbosa(or Nash when hes out there) seem to be the ones creating the system with their fast paced play.

I think that Barbosa would be fine in any offense that allowed him to fastbreak which is about 1/2 of the teams in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a player joins the Nash Suns, his fantasy production jumps about 20%. When a player leaves the Nash Suns, his fantasy production drops about 20%. Most of that is due to %s and TOs.

Joe Johnson was a fantasy god in Phoenix ($12.3M production his last year there)...his scoring has increased considerably, but his %s tumbled and his TOs climbed for a net halving of his value (approx.) from Phoenix to Atlanta the past couple of years ($6.6M/yr).

Quentin Richardson was serviceable for his 1 year with Phx/Nash ($4.5M production)...he's been a blank the past two years in NY ($1.5M/yr production).

Raja Bell joins Nash/Phx and he goes from $1.4M production in Utah to an $8.8M/yr production in Phx.

Or maybe those things are all just a random coincidence and Phoenix plays the same as every other team in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair points. What do you think make that "system" then? Is it Nash? Is it the coaching? Combonation?

IrishHand 10-22-2007 09:47 PM

I think Phoenix plays more uptempo than any team in the league, as a result they both score more points (110 a game to lead the league last year - more than 10 more than the league average) and score on a relatively high percentage of their shots. As a result, they have inflated bulk stats (more opportunities for nearly every stat on a per-game basis). Their TOs are proportionately lower than other teams for reasons I don't fully understand. *shrug*

Basically, they run, run, run with Nash leading the way and everyone who gets significant minutes benefits, at least from a fantasy perspective - or at least that's how it seems to me. The book on the Suns (7 Seconds or Less) basically claims that both D'Antoni and Nash want to put up a shot as quick as possible, which at least explains some of it from an organizational perspective. Interesting read, btw.

ClarkNasty 10-22-2007 10:12 PM

Keep an eye out on the leauge message board in the next day or two for the always insightful and controversial league preview. Hint: Some of your teams aren't as good as you think they are.

Needle77 10-22-2007 10:17 PM

I like how in sergz's post my picks show up in 25% of the worst and 0% of the best. I clearly have the worst team and yes I am being completely serious, I had a horrible draft.

sergsz 10-22-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how in sergz's post my picks show up in 25% of the worst and 0% of the best. I clearly have the worst team and yes I am being completely serious, I had a horrible draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a guy who is projected to be the 33rd best player in our league second overall, so I wouldn't necessarily put too much stock in my analysis.

Assani Fisher 10-22-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep an eye out on the leauge message board in the next day or two for the always insightful and controversial league preview. Hint: Some of your teams aren't as good as you think they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...do this tonight! Very interested in seeing this.

ClarkNasty 10-22-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...do this tonight! Very interested in seeing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying but it's a lot of stuff. It's really interesting doing it though. I'm sure lots will disagree, and that's part of the fun. And no, I do not think I am the best, or 2nd best, or even 3rd best team in the league.

Assani Fisher 10-22-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Round 2
Best - Big Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys value him way higher than I do. Am I the only one that feels as if hes gonna struggle in Min?