Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Richard Lee forfeits most of his WSOP winnings! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525689)

pig4bill 10-19-2007 01:57 AM

Re: Richard Lee forfeits most of his WSOP winnings!

[ QUOTE ]
yea this seems like a legal form of extortion to me too,

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

rakemeplz 10-19-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
here's what i read in another article

"Half of the $2.5 million forfeited would go to the San Antonio Police Department while the other stays in the DA’s office for salaries, equipment and other law enforcement purpose".

is that even legal , it seems like he got jacked by the prosecutors nd police dept...(also isnt that legal bribery) srsly wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

this is done all the time in drug seizure cases...you been living under a rock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do drug dealers get reduced sentences just cuz the cops take the cash? I thought cops just took the cash cuz the drug dealers dont deserve it and made it illegally, and cops are legally corrupt like that. Also if he made the money from poker it was not from illegal gambling at all. Also what is with the 80% figure, are they getting a 20% refund if so lol.

SupaDupa 10-19-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He tried to say the 2.5 Mil in cash that they found at his house was from the WSOP. Right, cuz that's what you do with 2.5 Mil, just keep it in a shoebox . Obviously this 2.5 mil is to pay out, if needed, some very heavy action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaq?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i13.tinypic.com/6b3z1ms.gif

john voight 10-19-2007 06:40 AM

thread is useless w/o pics of daughters

Under dog 10-19-2007 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is nothing, he's worth 10x that amount. One of Texas largest bookmakers, allegedly

[/ QUOTE ]

would that be IYHO?

Toro 10-19-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That cash in the wsop is a win

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to congratulate the Denver Nuggets on their 2006-2007 NBA Western Conference championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you came in 6th in the WSOP with a field of over 5000 and cashed over $2 million bucks would you walk away feeling like a winner or a loser?

Artsemis 10-20-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you came in 6th in the WSOP with a field of over 5000 and cashed over $2 million bucks would you walk away feeling like a winner or a loser?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd feel like a winner, after all, I just 'won' money. I wouldn't, however feel like I won the tournament. You have a way with manipulating words.

POKEROMGLOL 10-20-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many many players on the nuggets walk away from a field of all of the people on the earth with a cash of over $2 million dollars every year. Do you not think that this combined with the fact they also made the playoffs makes them also feel like winners rather than losers?

so as i said Congrats Nuggets!!!!!

BigSoonerFan 10-20-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm glad it's over," Lee said. "Now I need to go win another poker tournament."

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like he should work on winning his first poker tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've had a bigger cash than what 6th place in the WSOP paid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Comments like this are dumb.

The guy was stating that Lee didn't win the WSOP -- a true fact. Weather that guy has cashed higher or not is completely irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No your comment is dumb. The guy was not stating that Lee didn't win the WSOP. He said "seems like he should work on winning his first poker tournament". I'll be willing to wager that Lee has won a lot of Poker Tourneys.

So my retort to the guy was like wtf you talking about, of course the guy has won tourneys and why are you acting so high and mighty when I'm sure you can't top a $2 million dollar cash.

Btw, the "weather" here this morning was very foggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee implied that he needed to win another big tournament to make back his money. Afaik he hasn't won any big tourneys (10th at the Bellgaio WPT is the best I can find). Stating that he should work on winning his first tournament, not another tournament seems accurate to me. Nitty, but accurate.

grdred944 10-22-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That cash in the wsop is a win

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to congratulate the Denver Nuggets on their 2006-2007 NBA Western Conference championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Second place is first loser. Yay to him for making the money but I seriously doubt he left the Rio thinking, "Gee, I'm a winner." He probably thought, "Nice cash. Maybe someday I will win a tournament."