Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   yet another river checkraise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519692)

WelshChip 10-10-2007 01:22 PM

Re: yet another river checkraise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
alright,

since I am bored here I will enlighten you.

His hand range is TT---->AA including QT--->AQ. He will either bet/fold AA or bet/call it. Since AA=TT then he is not going to fold any of his range or conversely will fold all of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, because an unknown totally realizes TT = AA in the 30 secs he has to make a decision, and thinks "hey, time to call w/all of my range"

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for your insight.

They probably think, wow he isn't repping anything I call. They also don't think - "I will call with my entire range", but "I will call with my hand" for their entire range....

jsnipes28 10-10-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this all comes down to your image... i think it's pretty tight, so this should work, but it depends a lot on the opponent.

the thing is, most LAGs and all bad players seem to think everyone plays like them and thus would never just c/c a flush draw on the flop (or two pair or a set or something) so they'd just think you were FOS and call. Esp since there are some missed straight draws. I dunno I think people used to fold here a ton, maybe like 2-3 months ago, but then people started c/r bluff more and people stopped folding tot hem, which is why it is fun to do for value... a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur wrong, ask MDMA

luegofuego 10-10-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
alright,

His hand range is TT---->AA including QT--->AQ. He will either bet/fold AA or bet/call it. Since AA=TT then he is not going to fold any of his range or conversely will fold all of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, because an unknown totally realizes TT = AA in the 30 secs he has to make a decision, and thinks "hey, time to call w/all of my range"

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for your insight.

They probably think, wow he isn't repping anything I call. They also don't think - "I will call with my entire range", but "I will call with my hand" for their entire range....

[/ QUOTE ]

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

imozyslow 10-10-2007 01:36 PM

good thread!

i like the line and agree with luego's thought process here. otoh, i feel like i always get looked up when i make this play -- perhaps i don't choose these spots carefully enough.

anyway, more good strat threads with MDMA and Luego calling people retards please.

Btch_Im_Cuter 10-10-2007 01:42 PM

How is the pot $260 after an open, bb defense, and 3/4 pot c/c? Did he open to $51?

Anyways, I wouldn't expect him to fold a Q if he's applying any strategy more detailed than, "I have a pretty good one pair hand, lemme make a big value bet against Villain's obviously weak range." Which doesn't make sense anyways.

Requin 10-10-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is bad/stupid fps against most ppl bc they wont believe u and will just not fold better hands hardly ever

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. I want a good read that I'm playing a smart good player before pulling this.

WelshChip 10-10-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good thread!

i like the line and agree with luego's thought process here. otoh, i feel like i always get looked up when i make this play -- perhaps i don't choose these spots carefully enough.

anyway, more good strat threads with MDMA and Luego calling people retards please.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't tell if you are trying to level or just being retarded.

"Guy always calls here, let's shove as a bluff"

WelshChip 10-10-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
alright,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for your insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[/ QUOTE ]

glad to see another great input to the thread, when's the book coming out brah?

imozyslow 10-10-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

can't tell if you are trying to level or just being retarded.

"Guy always calls here, let's shove as a bluff"

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean that i think luego's play is good in theory, but as Duck pointed out more and more people are calling these river c/r plays. so, i have been using it more as a value play than a bluff. i still think the play is good and if he calls with one of the hands we are trying to fold out, i make a note and adjust my play accordingly.

Get_better_Baris 10-10-2007 02:44 PM

to fancy vs unknown.