Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519020)

Kneel B4 Zod 10-09-2007 03:13 PM

Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think the Sox bring back Beckett on short rest if it goes to game 7?

[/ QUOTE ]

thinking about this more, it depends on how dice-k pitches in game 3.

the other thing to consider is that there are 3 off days in this series.

either manager could flip-flop their #2 and #3 starters for games #6 and #7, and have them on 4 & 6 days of rest.

but between 1 & 4 there are only 3 days of rest, so almost certainly both CC & Beckett will go game 5. and then from 5 to 7 either guy would have only 2 days of rest, so there is almost no chance either guy would start game 7. but they would both be available for an inning or so.

Suigin406 10-09-2007 03:14 PM

should be a good series and hopefully it turns out that way...the indians will put up a fight, but meh, unless the indians can bring back sabathia/carmona on short rest, i don't see how the indians win after those 2 guys

Pudge714 10-09-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Byrd did not pitch well last night

[/ QUOTE ]
But they won.

craig 10-09-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SOSH posters were reporting that the weather Friday looks pretty bad; i.e. potential rain out. From what I remember in the 2004 ALCS, if there is a postponed game due to rain, then the game is played on one of the days off. I would assume it would be played on Sunday in Fenway.

craig

craig 10-09-2007 03:33 PM

How important are the manager's when factoring in edge? I was surprised that Wedge called for as many sac-bunts as he did. Granted Tito nor Wedge micro-manage like Scioscia and Torre, but it appears that Wedge makes more decisions throughout the game than Francona. Of course, BOS defense is better than NYY, and might make the bunt less likely of an option for CLE.

craig

Kos13 10-09-2007 04:27 PM

If I had to bet on this series, I'd say Boston in 7, but I think it's going to be an amazing series that could easily go either way. BP has us at 48.1%, which seems pretty fair to me.

GrowingPains 10-09-2007 04:49 PM

I think the sox will win this in 6. I don't see how the Indians can keep up, then again, i thought the yankees would beat them for sure, lol.

Arnold_O 10-09-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from Borowski, CLE has three lights out relievers.

[/ QUOTE ]

betancourt, perez and who's the 3rd?

why don't they start fausto carmona in game 1 then play him in 4 and 7 since he is the superior pitcher on the staff better than sabathia

unless it's a tossup against beckett and why waste him

ahhh nevermind

Dynasty 10-09-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that. It's definitely a new feature of this year's new playoff schedule.

It's now possible for pitcher to go Game 1, three days rest, Game 4, four days rest, Game 7.

technologic 10-09-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
INDIANS IN 4 SHIPP IT

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy almost makes me root for the sox. almost.