Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Downswing Need Sanity Check from 2+2ers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513539)

kurto 10-02-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Downswing Need Sanity Check from 2+2ers

I've seen players buying in short and playing 8/3/5. Who still get called when they raise and still get paid off...

I have sat at tables and ONLY bet the river with monster hands... sitting with a 300bb stack.... I've bet quads 4 streets and have people calling down with a pocket pair of 2s.

The players are horrible. Sit at a table with a bunch of people with really high VPIPs and then sit and setmine... you'll make money.

Again... I suspect if you've been given advice before and failed to listen to it, then you're not plugging your own leaks.

I ONLY agreed with your playing style under the right conditions. I still tend towards 'nitty' and it never ceases to amaze me what people will pay me off with.

You're simply wrong saying that it doesn't work.

maciczka 10-02-2007 04:37 PM

your vpip is too high at that stakes and pfr is too small. I didn't read anything more. but You prolly are limping too much pf, and Your range is too wide.

Xanthro 10-02-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You could do NOTHING but play pocket pairs and AKsuited... and no one would notice and you would make money.

[/ QUOTE ]
theres no way in hell that works

[/ QUOTE ]

At NL10 it will work. You'll see people who literally call pre-flop 75% of the time, and if they limp they'll call any pre-flop raise 90% of the time.

I've seen players with stats of 5/1/1 get called nearly everytime they bet. They are very small winners after the few hundred hands in my DB.

The vast majority of player at NL10 don't pay attention to betting patterns.

Nairb 10-02-2007 04:46 PM

Any style can work given certain conditions but we are talking about a default style that is played with regularity. I had a 71/12 (and wtsd% was 65 wtst won was less than 30) at a table last night. I only had about 400 hands logged but the player was up 4x his buy in at 25nl. I was happy to find him.I eventually broke him twice with hands I raised that he called my raise. Did his call give me info about his hand, no , but a lagtard like that has a hard time getting away from a pot that he has called a PF raise in. In the short run any style can win, and if he had of quit after 400 hands he would have been up 4 buyins and felt good about his game.Instead his style cost him his 4x buy in upswing and another buyin when he called me down with TPWK against my top 2 pair.

I bet no one can produce a PT sheet of a 33/5 with over 5000 hands that is profitable. It just does not add up.

ama0330 10-02-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You could do NOTHING but play pocket pairs and AKsuited... and no one would notice and you would make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Id say this would work a hell of a lot better than playing 40/3

Nairb 10-02-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way you will lose over the long run but the 40/3 will lose a heLl of a lot quicker.

jerryf1914 10-02-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way you will lose over the long run but the 40/3 will lose a heLl of a lot quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

pf numbers have nothing to do with how we do in the long run. all pf does is set us up to win and if we fold then we can't win

Nairb 10-02-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pf numbers have nothing to do with how we do in the long run. all pf does is set us up to win and if we fold then we can't win

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH?

RedSoxFan 10-02-2007 05:49 PM

Drop VP$IP down to about 20 and less for SB- under the position tab you'll see how much money you lose in the blinds by completing.

Increase PFR and cbet most flops if heads up or have a good feel.

I rarely (5%) open limp if folded to me. If several limp and I have a drawing hand, I'll limp along.

Over 18K hands at NL2, I'm running 20.5/12.6/3.24 w 17.3BB/100hands. I was around 8BB/100 until I tightened up and got my aggressive. Just moved to NL5 and same bad players- just bigger stacks.

But really, everyone has a different sytle and not all are bad. It's your postflop play that matters. You should examine your SD% and W$SD.

jocke4 10-02-2007 08:00 PM

just play ABC poker.
c-bet against opponents it works on.

Lots of call stations calling you down with nothing sometimes.
They just think you're bluffing all the time which is good if you have a hand :-)
But against these players just play your hands straight forward.
They will pay you off, but remember just because they suck doesn't mean they cant win some pots.

The only problem I have on these lower levels like nl5 and nl10 is "fps syndrome", yeah i know I'm not the best [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
But sometimes against these weak opponents I loose patience and try to out play them.