Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Interesting US civics test (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508684)

BCPVP 09-25-2007 02:52 AM

Re: Interesting US civics test

[ QUOTE ]
50) Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:

omg super biased question

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. The answer about the free market being better at enforcing property rights should have been acceptable as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Jdanz 09-25-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
58/60

there are some definite biases in the test though. I'd imagine it was written by a faintly libertarian/republican person or organization. I felt that both the phrasing and content of the econ portion and its prominence (compared to say cultural stuff) shows through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just closed it, but you're referring to the keynes question, and the free market question I'm assuming?

[/ QUOTE ]

mostly the free market one, the keynes one made me question the bias a little bit as it wasn't prima facie biased, but in comparison to the free market one, yah it was.

Jdanz 09-25-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
50) Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:

omg super biased question

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. The answer about the free market being better at enforcing property rights should have been acceptable as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh this would get you LSAT pwned, because while true the question mentions compared to central planning meaning that A would be the better of two correct answers.

corsakh 09-25-2007 03:08 AM

This thing is retarded. Could not go past question two about puritans. All suggested answers are beyond stupid. You know what - there is more to puritanism than america knows about it. There is more to the world than you see on fox channels. And these questions were supposedly designed by educated people - I feel sad for you people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ps Q25: Common law was... - the fundamental law for the Nazis and the Soviets.

Thanks for putting us in the same category. Is this really what an average yankee thinks? Somehow I think most would not be able to tell a difference.

StevieG 09-25-2007 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ughugh after 3 questions i felt like i was in high school history again, and couldn't go on

[/ QUOTE ]

Thi is how the average remains a stunningly high 74%.

Nicholasp27 09-25-2007 08:16 AM

only 40 right [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

did ap us history, but that was 10 years ago; guess i didn't retain all that knowledge

jtr 09-25-2007 08:29 AM

You answered 48 out of 60 correctly — 80.00 %

Happy with that as I am not from the US.

mrkilla 09-25-2007 08:51 AM

gah, 65% and I like American History/Civic's how bad is that

to defend my score here I graducated HS over 12 years ago and don't remember last tuesday

KilgoreTrout 09-25-2007 10:16 AM

You answered 50 out of 60 correctly — 83.33 %
Average score for this quiz during September: 74.4%
Average score since September 18, 2007: 74.4%

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average.

btmagnetw 09-25-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ughugh after 3 questions i felt like i was in high school history again, and couldn't go on

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF high school you go to? My high school may have taught me the answers to like 4 of those questions.

[/ QUOTE ]answering a bunch of multiple choice history questions made me feel like i was in history class, regardless of whether the exact information on that test was included in my high school history curriculum, DUCY?