Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Did I angleshoot this guy? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505501)

RunDownHouse 09-22-2007 04:07 AM

Re: Did I angleshoot this guy?

[ QUOTE ]
This guy should apologize to you. You even showed him. WTF, he expects you not to lie about your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it weird that I don't think anything of lying about your actual hand, but if someone promised to show and then didn't I'd definitely think less of them?

Bulldog 09-26-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've enjoyed some of the thoughtful responses here. I personally think this is piece of crap move. At lower levels people are chatting and, although gambling for money, still have a sense of friendliness and comradery about them. You've betrayed this man's trust and created an unpleasant scene at the table for a couple of bucks. Was it worth it? At higher limits these kinds of moves don't make you a jerk because everyone is onto the many levels of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betrayed his trust? I'm playing POKER.

Also, this would never work against decent players at higher stakes.

Felix_Nietzsche 09-26-2007 01:04 PM

It Was a Smart Play

You correctly guessed that he was talking himself into a call and you took action. You kept your promise to show your hand. No apologies. As for saying, "I got you", you did not know his hand and vice versa. It goes without saying neither of you knew the exact hole cards so this is typical table banter. I hear these old timers say things like, "I don't think I can lay down this draw", then they push all-in with top set. No one goes apeshit on these oldtimers....

Machmood 09-26-2007 02:27 PM

I think this is the BIGGEST D-BAG move out there. I have nothing against table chatter trying to get tells off people, but telling him to fold because u have him beat, THEN SHOWING a bluff, thats just down right ignorant. Not saying your a D-BAG, but in mybook thats the worst

Obfuscation 09-26-2007 04:57 PM

Not my style but fair play, imo.

Felix_Nietzsche 09-26-2007 05:14 PM

Play Online if You Don\'t Like Table Talk

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the BIGGEST D-BAG move out there. I have nothing against table chatter trying to get tells off people, but telling him to fold because u have him beat, THEN SHOWING a bluff, thats just down right ignorant. Not saying your a D-BAG, but in mybook thats the worst

[/ QUOTE ]
I here these oldtimers say things like, "You got me beat but I'm ready to go home now." Then they re-raise all-in with top set.

Personally....I like when my opponents talk. It gives me clues on their hands and it makes me a more educated poker player.

BIG NIGE 09-26-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've enjoyed some of the thoughtful responses here. I personally think this is piece of crap move. At lower levels people are chatting and, although gambling for money, still have a sense of friendliness and comradery about them. You've betrayed this man's trust and created an unpleasant scene at the table for a couple of bucks. Was it worth it? At higher limits these kinds of moves don't make you a jerk because everyone is onto the many levels of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe that "betraying his trust" has even entered into this discussion...is this post for real? Are you suggesting that because people are stoopider at low limits and not into the "many levels of the game" that you should go easy on them? Hilarious.

InVogue 09-26-2007 06:46 PM

How dumb would you have felt if he called and you had to turn your cards over after deliberately lying to him? LOLOL

HustlerLA 09-26-2007 06:50 PM

What do you think about this situation, I am in a hand and villain makes an allin, and I am confident it is a bluff, but I may not even beat a bluff. I consider calling with Ahigh, but before I decide to fold, villai says, "I will show you eitehr way". I folded, and he throws his hand in the muck" Thoughts on that move which is different than OP.

SammyG-SD 09-26-2007 07:13 PM

I don't initate talk during a hand unless some ask if the should call or fold in a heads up situation. I always answer it the same way "If you had the cards to beat me, you would of called already." Once I said this with a straight flush (over nut flush), and he a got furious.