Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200nl - AK flops TP and faces heat from aggro opponent. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504177)

HoldEmNewby 09-19-2007 01:50 PM

Re: 200nl - AK flops TP and faces heat from aggro opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't lead turn because you didn't feel villain was on a draw, then why did you check river? to let him bluff what? I bet/fold $65 on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

not crazy about doing this against an aggressive opponent unless i'd be willing to bet/call, which i don't really wanna do here.

i checked the river because i was unsure whether i was ahead or not and was hope to get to showdown cheaply (kinda hard to do when oop I know). just because i didn't put him on a draw, doesn't make me more confident in whether i have the best hand or not4

[/ QUOTE ]

You're OOP you can't sit back and let villain dictate bet sizes when your hand isn't that strong. I'd have led the turn but I wasn't at the table (i'm sure there were dynamics and timing tells and betting patterns that made you discount a draw from his range). When we get to the river, you've put him on a made hand: do you see him raising a half pot bet with a worse made hand?

DirteAA 09-19-2007 03:34 PM

If we bet the turn for say $65 and he just calls what do we do on the same river? The pot is very big now, we're still oop, and we can't b/f.

FGators 09-19-2007 03:41 PM

I'm raising that turn bet around potsized and obviously calling a shove.

I really think we are good enough on that turn with the potential that he's blocking a draw (J10,67,numerous club draws) or he's betting weakly because he's unsure how good his A10/AJ/AQ is.

As played I think given he's not nitty and is capable of making big bets with a busted draw I look him up pretty quickly.

HoldEmNewby 09-19-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we bet the turn for say $65 and he just calls what do we do on the same river? The pot is very big now, we're still oop, and we can't b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the river

startrak 09-19-2007 04:36 PM

you gotta be good 25% of the time. I think he easily has a busted draw often enough, plus he could feel he underrepped his AJ or something. Him minraising a draw makes more sence than like 89, he would be giving you too good odds on this drawy board. I have played almost same scenario with someone turning a made hand into a bluff http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&vc=1, so when you factor in that, it's a pretty easy call.

It would help to get your stats, to get a better idea of what he would 3bet preflop.

cs3 09-19-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i see this all the itme - villain rasies flop with his 2 pair, set, draw whatever. he hits nuts on the turn and thinks "i are so tricky, i bet tiny on turn cuz nothing can draw out on me now!! ooooh river, time to get some value!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, seems pretty smart to me actually, since everybody else here is willing to pay off.
ya thats exactly my point and why i like a river fold

startrak 09-19-2007 06:30 PM

results?

Fat Nicky 09-19-2007 08:29 PM

RESULTS: Villain had 99

cs3 09-20-2007 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, raising or check-raising the turn would have been better. OP would either win outright, block a river bluff, or more easily c/f river.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn ch/r is pretty bad, and is never getting value out of anything.
and please dont ever bloat the pot on the turn just to make it easy to fold the river. no no no

Fonkey123 09-20-2007 03:06 AM

3 town flop