Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497025)

leehrat 09-09-2007 09:03 PM

Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My Post from 4 months ago.

Somebody plz keep track of that and bump it on Feb 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some quotes from the thread:

"It amazes me that the Pats would want this guy." (in reference to RMoss)

"no team with Moss will ever win the superbowl"

"Yes, NE definitely had the best offseason of any team. However, I'm in the camp that Randy Moss will be a detriment to the team, not a positive."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol seriously look at some of those clowns, post their sn's for posterity

kyro 09-09-2007 09:48 PM

Indy and the Pats looked so good to start the season. Today's game was even closer than it probably should have been. Pats dominated from the getgo.

Pretty amazing considering they were playing without arguably their 2 best defenders.

NozeCandy 09-09-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty clear NE's the class of the AFC. A lot of people forgot how good Moss is because he was in that black hole for a couple years, here's to hoping they kill the Colts and wipe that clown Manning off commercials for a while

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing is "pretty clear" after one week. The Colts beat the hell out New Orleans.

kyro 09-09-2007 09:54 PM

Yeah, as good as I think the Pats are this year, Indy scares me a lot. I think NE might be marginally better, but it's really close

Kneel B4 Zod 09-09-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, as good as I think the Pats are this year, Indy scares me a lot. I think NE might be marginally better, but it's really close

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Indy offense is marginally better than NE's. I think the defense's are miles apart.

bottomset 09-09-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Indy offense is marginally better than NE's. I think the defense's are miles apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there will be a moderate gap on offense, Indy really is in its own league offensivel .. this won't make up the massive defense difference though

Kneel B4 Zod 09-09-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there will be a moderate gap on offense, Indy really is in its own league offensivel .. this won't make up the massive defense difference though

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy offense is incredible, yes. but this Patriot offense is constructed very well. you have an above average offesnive line. you have a very fast and potentially great RB. you have a very good TE. a classic possesion WR, a classic deep WR, and a couple other solid guys like Stallworth. and, of course an exceptional QB.

it should easily be the offense of the Brady era, able to beat you in various ways indoors or out.

Assani Fisher 09-09-2007 10:27 PM

I like NE's offense better because if I needed to run out the clock with a long drive I'd rather have NE. I also like them better in a cold weather game and in a game in which the refs let them play physical.

bottomset 09-09-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy offense is incredible, yes. but this Patriot offense is constructed very well. you have an above average offesnive line. you have a very fast and potentially great RB. you have a very good TE. a classic possesion WR, a classic deep WR, and a couple other solid guys like Stallworth. and, of course an exceptional QB.

it should easily be the offense of the Brady era, able to beat you in various ways indoors or out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree its the best offense they have put together, the team is better overall

but last year

Indy's offensive DVOA 33.8(35.8 weighted)
NE's 12.2(12.2)

they were closer to Tennessee/Detroit(25th/26th) than Indy

thats a ton of ground to make up

though FO projects NE to be better so maybe Im way off on this

Kneel B4 Zod 09-09-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats a ton of ground to make up

[/ QUOTE ]

Reche Caldwell was the leading WR last year, and this year couldn't make the team.

also DVOA projects the Pats offense #1, the Colts #2, fwiw