Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How often do you check the size of your bankroll? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492511)

Hince 09-25-2007 05:45 PM

Re: How often do you check the size of your bankroll?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check once at the end of every session. I dont see the value in compulsively checking.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is answer is correct /thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I check because I am compulsive. Helps keep the demons away.

Bad Beat Maker 09-26-2007 04:46 AM

I leave the cashiers box open on Full Tilt so I can see it as it grows or shrinks.

Vinetou 09-26-2007 01:08 PM

I think it is nothing wrong with this compulsion (I have it too) as long as it doesn't affect your decisions. I check it because I don't like to be uncertain. If I am winning, i want to know how much I am winning, and the same if I am losing.

RAHZero 09-27-2007 04:45 PM

I used to compulsively check my BR / PT every minute or so while playing. Now I just check it before and after each session, and only import hands in PT, not looking at stats until the end of a session. Even though I still have a rough idea how I'm doing in a session, it helps prevent me trying too hard to win back what I've lost or quit early when I'm playing well just to book a nice win.

Danastasio1 09-27-2007 05:09 PM

If I'm having a decent amount of success at a certain level, I'll take a look to determine if I'm properly rolled to move up, otherwise I have no need to. Now, I do check my Marketocracy portfolio's value a few times a week, and my actual portfolio's value every first of the month.

brutalBeater 09-28-2007 05:23 AM

I check it way too much and I think my play is really affected by this. When I've won a nice amount, I start to play weak because I'm scared a bad streak may start at any moment soon.

cooker3 09-28-2007 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check once at the end of every session. I dont see the value in compulsively checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the same. I would prefer to not check at all bar every now and again but I personally think it's better not to check it and it would subconsciously at least make me more results orinetated.
I would love just to be genuinally happy when I made a +EV play and not care about the money in anyway but I have yet to reach that point

pofigistka 09-30-2007 07:16 AM

Group therapy session needed- Deep rooted fear of going Busto. I do it compulsively too ldo.

sharkbait22 10-01-2007 12:26 PM

I check my br more than 10 times a day.