Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=47823)

emon87 02-27-2006 11:48 PM

Re: If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

yeah, exactly what i was saying

vexvelour 02-28-2006 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is my take that if you are going the speed limit in the left lane you are not breaking the law and therefore going as fast as you should be. Therefore I am not getting over for someone who is on my ass I am going to slow down to piss you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I figured you people are thinking. Well, HI, I like to do more than just the speed limit. By staying in the left lane you are breaking the law, because if I want to break the law you should just get the [censored] over and let me.

I really have no tolerance for people like you. Someday I will mount a machine gun on the roof of my car and you will die by my hand. Yes.

zephed 02-28-2006 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is my take that if you are going the speed limit in the left lane you are not breaking the law and therefore going as fast as you should be. Therefore I am not getting over for someone who is on my ass I am going to slow down to piss you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I figured you people are thinking. Well, HI, I like to do more than just the speed limit. By staying in the left lane you are breaking the law, because if I want to break the law you should just get the [censored] over and let me.

I really have no tolerance for people like you. Someday I will mount a machine gun on the roof of my car and you will die by my hand. Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol.

Cry Me A River 02-28-2006 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is my take that if you are going the speed limit in the left lane you are not breaking the law and therefore going as fast as you should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

This video is so apt right now.

(Bunch of college kids drive the speed limit on the highway, hilarity ensues.)

Oh, and you're a douche!

JBB 02-28-2006 03:11 PM

I think you need to be more realistic. The far left lane is not only for passing. I doubt more than the crazyest few use it 100% for this purpose.

Shajen 02-28-2006 03:13 PM

Boom Boom,

the thing is, if you're in the left hand lane, and someone comes up behind you traveling at a rate of speed greater than your own, you should get the hell out of that lane.

This is common sense, but common sense often ISN'T these days.

JBB 02-28-2006 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boom Boom,

the thing is, if you're in the left hand lane, and someone comes up behind you traveling at a rate of speed greater than your own, you should get the hell out of that lane.

This is common sense, but common sense often ISN'T these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%.

gusmahler 02-28-2006 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to be more realistic. The far left lane is not only for passing. I doubt more than the crazyest few use it 100% for this purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just for passing. In Germany (so I'm told), everyone follows that convention. In the US, seemingly no one does. But proper driving is that the left lane is for passing only.

JDErickson 02-28-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. when theres a long line for an exit and you have to get off, get in line like everybody else. dont ride in the middle lane until the last second and try to cut in. you are the reason the traffic grinds to a halt at most of the friggin exits, youre the jerkoff who is stopped in a through lane waiting for a spot to sneak in to the exit lane. you should be shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If execution was ever legalized this would be the offense that it was designed for.

Another sore spot for me: If you have a merge sign in your lane you are required to find a safe spot to merge. The other lane is not required to make room for you as you cut in at the last second.

FUJItheFISH 02-28-2006 03:59 PM

i dont care about this and dont get angry unless im driving up the 5 to the bay area from LA or to vegas from LA and people refuse to move over for me. its annoying to me because i move over for people driving fast behind me.