Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 MLB Trade Deadline Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460874)

SL__72 07-28-2007 06:50 PM

Re: 2007 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

I would think so, but its too bad they didn't pick up a young starter. Their team isn't going to peak for a few years.

zer0 07-28-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think so, but its too bad they didn't pick up a young starter. Their team isn't going to peak for a few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, true, but with the value of relievers around the trade deadline, i'm sure they could flip him for a lot more than they could've gotten for wigginton.

he's struggled a bit this year, but his k rate and k/bb are actually better than the last 2 years, when he was elite. they simply can't trade him for a guy like wigginton.

Kos13 07-28-2007 07:08 PM

What are the Astros thinking with this deal?

dontmesswithme 07-28-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the Astros thinking with this deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement already assumes that the Astros are thinking on some level, which seems dubious.

Vyse 07-28-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he's struggled a bit this year, but his k rate and k/bb are actually better than the last 2 years, when he was elite. they simply can't trade him for a guy like wigginton.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the HRs aren't

Suigin406 07-28-2007 07:28 PM

lol, ty wiggie...oh man, the stros messed this up

Gregatron 07-28-2007 09:43 PM

I've been hearing rumblings about Red Sox scouts checking Eckstein. I'm not sure if this is just wishful thinking on the part of Cards fans or not. I'd love to get a pitching prospect for basically a rental player, though honestly (and this is blasphemy for most Cards fans) I'm not sure he's good enough anymore. He is a solid player, but injury prone.

kyleb 07-28-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ty wigginton traded for dan wheeler

i have to guess that the devil rays made out like bandits here...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wigginton for wheeler?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooololol purpura lolololmao

New001 07-28-2007 09:49 PM

Yeah WTF are the Astros doing there?

craig 07-28-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been hearing rumblings about Red Sox scouts checking Eckstein. I'm not sure if this is just wishful thinking on the part of Cards fans or not. I'd love to get a pitching prospect for basically a rental player, though honestly (and this is blasphemy for most Cards fans) I'm not sure he's good enough anymore. He is a solid player, but injury prone.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that STL would get either Bucholz or Ellsbury for Eckstein. Possibly both if STL helped with some of Eckstein's salary or took Youkilis off of BOS hands as well. BOS could then have Hinske at first and eckstein/lugo at SS. My only concern for BOS would be if they would be able to sign Eckstein next year.

craig