Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Nation's Modship (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399669)

Bobo Fett 05-10-2007 06:32 AM

Re: Nation\'s Modship

[ QUOTE ]
Bobo,

YOU ARE FORGETTING THE EPIC BRANDI THREAD!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, of course...I don't know if I ever found THE Brandi thread, though.

soah 05-10-2007 06:48 AM

I thought ZeeJustin's thing did more than 1000 posts in the first day.

Suigin406 05-10-2007 06:55 AM

OP, i'm still thinking ur not understanding the difference between live and online play and it's clouding u here...stars has no rule against this, so what is wrong with nation expressing his thoughts on this?? i don't see this as a big deal...

diebitter 05-10-2007 07:17 AM

Lol. I'm sitting here thinking that if I had 4 guys advising me on each playable hand, I'd go nuts after about 20 minutes with the arguing etc, and have to go pick a fight with a small guy.

I'd also happily sit at a table playing people being 'advised' like this.

Suigin406 05-10-2007 08:25 AM

to add, nation still comes off as being an idiot and shady...

daryn 05-10-2007 10:19 AM

more than one player to a hand is perfectly ok in online poker. when it becomes collusion it is not ok. that pretty much sums it up.

Neil S 05-10-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any reason why Nation's modship should be taken away.

[/ QUOTE ]

adsman 05-10-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
zb,

also, to my knowledge, nation isn't a mod of the forum where this discussion is taking place. he has no "power of censorship" there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is rubbish. Before Nation entered that thread things were proceeding in a certain direction. On Nation's entrance the nature of the thread changed completely. Why? Because Nation is green, and green carries a certain weight on these boards. And he knows that. Is it any coincedence that the individual responsible for the b0t/sweatroom only appeared after Nation stepped in? I think not. I think that they were picketing him to step in for them because he is a mod and his view carries a certain weight. Or so they thought.

Being a mod is a public office on these boards. In a way mods are representative of the 2+2 management. But they also represent the average poster. And I think that the average poster expects more from their mods than Nation has shown in this situation. His behaviour smacks of arrogance and a denial of the consequences of his actions. He thinks himself to be above an acceptable code of behaviour. Mods shouldn't have a lower code of behaviour than the average poster, they should have a higher one. They are public figures, and he is a very poor one indeed.

Mr_Donktastic 05-10-2007 10:41 AM

I made a few posts about this in that thread...if anyone cares you can search for them.

BUT whatever happens it's not got matter much anyway - I frequent the FRNL forum alot and from what I can tell nation doesn't do anything in the first place.

cardman 05-10-2007 10:42 AM

I'm just going to wait for a Full Tilt response on that giant thread...