Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   NL Bots on Full Tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398864)

KurtSF 05-09-2007 11:26 AM

Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Question: If the owner of the bot can take over for the bot at any time and play for himself, wouldn't that cause deviations in his overall statistics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus the 1% c/r on flop and turn.

jukofyork 05-09-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: If the owner of the bot can take over for the bot at any time and play for himself, wouldn't that cause deviations in his overall statistics?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe the bot owner sits and watches them. If he wants to test out his strategy them probably he wouldn't want to take over, but if he sees one of them blatantly getting exploited then perhaps he has no choice (to both save himself $s and cover his tracks). Those stats are from a fairly decent sample, so a few "interventions" might not make so much difference in the long run.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

questions 05-09-2007 11:41 AM

How would a bot owner get paid? Are multiple accounts by one user allowed on FTP?

KurtSF 05-09-2007 11:44 AM

I assume their mother/father/brothers/sisters/cousins/friends/frat-brothers/etc. have accounts too, all liked eventually to something the botter has access to. There are other ways also.

cardcounter0 05-09-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would a bot owner get paid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually by check.

BlueBear 05-09-2007 11:53 AM

With all the information from extensive data mining, somebody who is an expert in statistical testing would be able to determine the likelihood they are bots of the same type.

Zimmer4141 05-09-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With all the information from extensive data mining, somebody who is an expert in statistical testing would be able to determine the likelihood they are bots of the same type.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've taken an intro level Stats class and the likelyhood is very close to 1.

Victor 05-09-2007 11:57 AM

i told you guys long ago ftp had bots. good ole doug never responded to my allegations and most of you dismissed it as well.

situation is that bots are, and proly always have been, a part of online poker and there is little we can do about.

DMoogle 05-09-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i told you guys long ago ftp had bots. good ole doug never responded to my allegations and most of you dismissed it as well.

situation is that bots are, and proly always have been, a part of online poker and there is little we can do about.

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't provide the same level of proof OP did. How is it something we can do nothing about? Pretty much nobody wants bots except bot owners (they may be exploitable, yes, but they're taking more money out of the game than you are out of them most likely), and poker sites want to keep good reputations. Therefore, it is in the interest of everyone to try to remove bots as efficiently as possible.

Gathering evidence that a player(s) might be a bot can be hard, but we all just need to keep an eye out.

Daddy Warbucks 05-09-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong, we can keep floating them and raising their c-bets.