Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Star Trek: The Next Generation 3 [GAME THREAD] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374423)

DustinG 04-10-2007 12:41 PM

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 3 [GAME THREAD]

Spook,

I don't think Luckay is going to push bad strategy intentionally as a wolf, regardless of Miles' role. Miles can only lock the transporter once anyways.

HerbieGRD 04-10-2007 12:48 PM

I am of the opinion that most strategy discussion in this game is counterproductive to the village because any strategy the village takes is exploitable by the Borg. Also - it lessens the chances of me being able to pwn Borg later on based on their computer actions (see ST:TNG2)

Borg - night-killing me early this game is distinctly +EV for you regardless of my role

Doctors - the Borg night killing me early this game is distinctly +EV for them regardless of my role

AMIRITE?

Spook 04-10-2007 12:54 PM

dustin, I don't think it is necessary a bad strategy post if he is borg/village. ST is super confusing because of the volatility of roles, and it is easy to be out leveled by the borg.
I was hoping to use it to see if I could clear Luckay, but I certainly can't condemn him for it no matter what chains of logic would imply. It is too hard to say "If luckay is village, then...." and take the converse of those statements.

Skoob 04-10-2007 12:54 PM

Why would you tell the Borg it's in their best interest to kill you? That is, unless you are Borg.

HerbieGRD 04-10-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you tell the Borg it's in their best interest to kill you? That is, unless you are Borg.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cmon Skoob, I know you can figure it out!

Skoob 04-10-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't give me too much credit. I've played, I think, 3 turbos before this. This is my first "slow" game.

DustinG 04-10-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am of the opinion that most strategy discussion in this game is counterproductive to the village because any strategy the village takes is exploitable by the Borg. Also - it lessens the chances of me being able to pwn Borg later on based on their computer actions (see ST:TNG2)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree and I also don't see whats so complicated about this setup. The more we discuss strategy the closer we get to some sort of game theoretically perfect strategy anyways.

Also- if this whole thing is about whether engineers should lock doors: don't lock doors early. As the game goes on and people become clear, maybe start locking some doors then?

DustinG 04-10-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't give me too much credit. I've played, I think, 3 turbos before this. This is my first "slow" game.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's n-leveling. His statements dont mean anything.

Level 1- Herbie is telling truth and is a power villager
Level 1a- Herbie is goot
Level 2- Herbie is a wolf
Level 3- Herbie is a vanilla who wants to be killed
Level 4- Herbie?

FCBLComish 04-10-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's n-leveling. His statements dont mean anything.

Level 1- Herbie is telling truth and is a power villager
Level 1a- Herbie is goot
Level 2- Herbie is a wolf
Level 3- Herbie is a vanilla who wants to be killed
Level 4- Herbie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please remember the first rule of POG. Herbie is ALWAYS a villager.

Spook 04-10-2007 01:15 PM

Here is a simple rule.
Seers act wolfy, wolves act wolfy.
Lock doors on people who act wolfy.
profit.
Doctors protect people who aren't wolfy.
This will work for at least the first night, as there were no free peeks given.
tomorrow we can figure something else out, as strategy shouldn't be static.