Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Grindhouse opens today... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374053)

microbet 08-03-2007 04:44 AM

Re: Grindhouse opens today...

[ QUOTE ]
I only saw Death Proof because they are seperated here, but omfg it was horrible. I cant believe Tarantino wrote dialogue this painful. It was like he wanted to torture the audience. the last car chase was cool and the camera work was great. Tarantino looks like Al Bundy's twin.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

I might be slightly biased because I came down with the flu during the movie and felt like crap, but Death Proof was incredibly bad. Those girls just talking was so freakin boring. Jeebus they talked about that stunt for like 7 hours.

Zombie movie was better just because DP sucked so hard.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 08-03-2007 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I only saw Death Proof because they are seperated here, but omfg it was horrible. I cant believe Tarantino wrote dialogue this painful. It was like he wanted to torture the audience. the last car chase was cool and the camera work was great. Tarantino looks like Al Bundy's twin.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

I might be slightly biased because I came down with the flu during the movie and felt like crap, but Death Proof was incredibly bad. Those girls just talking was so freakin boring. Jeebus they talked about that stunt for like 7 hours.

Zombie movie was better just because DP sucked so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception of Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction, Im not crazy about Tarantino's female actress selections.

4 High 08-03-2007 09:44 AM

So in looking at the DVD features on both of those, it looks like the trailers were omitted, anyone know wassup?

secretprankster 08-03-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So in looking at the DVD features on both of those, it looks like the trailers were omitted, anyone know wassup?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTH? Really?

TheIrishThug 08-03-2007 11:40 AM

Where are you getting info on the DVD? I haven't even been able to find a predicted release date for it.

And if that's true it is just terrible.

4 High 08-03-2007 11:43 AM

www.dvdanswers.com is good for upcoming DVD news. Maybe im just missing it, but i dont see it listed.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/grindhouse.html

I see a trailer for Double Dare listed, but i don't remember seeing a trailer with that name. Maybe they will be attached to the Machete DVD?

KneeCo 08-31-2007 02:07 AM

So I missed this in theaters because of how hectic school was around the time and now I see they split up the DVDs. How annoying -- is there going to be a SE or something where I can see it as presented as a double feature w/ the trailers and stuff.

I know this movie flopped, but I still think it would make more in home video as played in theaters, especially since those who saw it loved it but I imagine will be put off by the dvds being split.

Patton4 08-31-2007 11:05 AM

Fanboys are still gonna buy the separate DVD's, but I'm pretty pissed about the decision. WTF is up with making a movie that is supposed to emulate and honor the whole double-feature style of the old grindhouse theaters just to split the movie up they can make a few extra bucks. I thought they (Tarantino/Rodriguez) had more respect for the industry than that. but of course sometime in the future they'll release the combined version with bunches of special features. So I'm waiting till then.

The worse thing is that neither separate disc will include the trailers that were shown between the movies.

4 High 08-31-2007 11:15 AM

Its hard to justify passing on these if you liked the movies though. Unlike Kill Bill these DVDs are loaded and give you plenty to watch and see until a combo SE comes out.