Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

nolanfan34 01-02-2007 12:24 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus running group - who\'s in?

I'd like to get in on this as well. I don't have a Nano yet, but have been interested in picking one up just for the Nike+ feature alone. I'm in the same boat as Entity, I can go out and slug through a couple of miles, but would like to get back into better shape this year.

For Seattle area posters who need some motivation, you should plan on running the St. Patrick's Day Dash in March. It's a nice 3 1/2 mile race, usually a fun time.

turnipmonster 01-02-2007 12:41 PM

fwiw I have the marware pouch and it works perfectly, also in my experience on a 1/4 mile track and on a treadmill the sensor is very accurate straight out of the box. I haven't signed up for a nike+ account yet but after my ankle gets better I am interested in joining this group as well.

PITTM 01-02-2007 02:40 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]

i prefer not to watch people while i/they work out though - like i said, i have a tendency to fall off of machines, so distractions are not good. although i really do hate it when people grunt, it's scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read people saying that they hate when others are looking at people a few times and it worries me. whenever im working out im constantly looking around. never really like staring at anyone but like there is a lot of stuff going on. i try to catch different workouts people are doing, different stretches, funny shirts, MIDGETS IN WALKERS(yeah, one goes to my 24) and etc...my nano keeps my ears interested, but my eyes just wander with boredom. i wonder if i could put one of those pedometers on my soccer cleats somewhere where they wouldnt be on a kicking surface. that would be cool.

rj

nolanfan34 01-02-2007 03:58 PM

Alright, I'm in. Scott34 is my Nike ID, sent my e-mail to Entity. Looking forward to the motivation this should provide!

Entity 01-02-2007 03:59 PM

I've sent out a few invites to those who provided email addresses / screen names.

I think that you may have to have had a run synced to actually join the challenges (or to join them by username at least), but I'm still trying to figure that out.

Super motivating weather to go run in right now. It's pouring and freezing outside. Yuck.

Rob

skunkworks 01-02-2007 04:01 PM

OK, this post just made me waste $60 buying a Nike+ gizmo and a Marware case. I'll be tentatively training for the LA Marathon, so I can always use more motivation to run.

Mark L 01-02-2007 04:39 PM

didn't read this thread yet but i'm in! i got one for chistmas and was going to start using it today. first i gotta go to dick's and get a pair of kicks for it.

nolanfan34 01-02-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you may have to have had a run synced to actually join the challenges (or to join them by username at least), but I'm still trying to figure that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The e-mail I got with the invite does mention this, that you have to sync a run before you're a real Nike+ member.

Also, I don't know if there's an easy (legal) way to share music, but I would be interested in seeing what other people have on their running playlist. I don't have the unit yet so I can't really explore the web site, but is that something you can input on your profile? It would be neat to see everyone's "power song", or whatever they call it.

DonkeyKongSr 01-02-2007 04:49 PM

I think I'm going to pick one of these up on the way home today. I've been thinking about getting one for awhile now as I've been running a lot lately and keeping track of miles by hand. I have the nano, why not spend $30 to let technology do it all for me?

EDIT: Add me please. DaveyG013 (that's a zero).

Entity 01-02-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The e-mail I got with the invite does mention this, that you have to sync a run before you're a real Nike+ member.

Also, I don't know if there's an easy (legal) way to share music, but I would be interested in seeing what other people have on their running playlist. I don't have the unit yet so I can't really explore the web site, but is that something you can input on your profile? It would be neat to see everyone's "power song", or whatever they call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We could use something like lastFM for this. I'm not sure if there's a better option -- I'm setting up one for myself right now.

Rob