Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   99 Deep stacked with Straate (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276242)

jdefoe 12-06-2006 11:54 AM

Re: 99 Deep stacked with Straate

Is c/r the flop or even leading out all that bad? If he reraises your c/r you're beat and can fold. Also, if you lead for a PSB, you can also fold?

wpr101 12-06-2006 01:31 PM

I don't mind the check/call, lead turn line but you bet sizing is not that great. Make it like 5/8+ pot if you want to use this line.

The river bet makes it seem like he wants you to call.

Bill King 12-06-2006 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so terrible on every street

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smartalecc5 12-06-2006 11:16 PM

Results: On the river, him acting confidently and singing coupled with his value-bet size bet didn't feel right to me. Also, how I did play the hand by donking the turn, I feel it defintely increased the probability of him raising me with air. I felt that the feel of the river along with his increased chances of him bluffing warranted me a call.

Straate showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG. He instantly berated me, which may or may not be warranted but this was an interesting hand nevertheless. In retrospect, I feel I should have check called turn.

Thanks for the responses

straate 12-06-2006 11:19 PM

lol @ instantly berated u

jrbick 12-06-2006 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results: On the river, him acting confidently and singing coupled with his value-bet size bet didn't feel right to me. Also, how I did play the hand by donking the turn, I feel it defintely increased the probability of him raising me with air. I felt that the feel of the river along with his increased chances of him bluffing warranted me a call.

Straate showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG. He instantly berated me, which may or may not be warranted but this was an interesting hand nevertheless. In retrospect, I feel I should have check called turn.

Thanks for the responses

[/ QUOTE ]

Coach me?

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

KRANTZ 12-07-2006 12:34 AM

aejones good posts from you in this thread

mythrilfox 12-07-2006 04:34 AM

i think straate always instantly berates people when he loses hands

Ansky 12-07-2006 06:10 AM

I think the turn play is ok.. it's aight to be creative sometimes, but jesus christ have a plan. If you are making a non-standard play that will get typical machine like 2+2ers to berate you, it should at least be because you think it will manipulate your opponents range to that which will be profitable for you in the long run.

good2cu 12-07-2006 06:22 AM

umm if ur goign to donk the turn id have a plan in mind when this happens.

fold the turn to the raise, or call the raise. and id check/call turn all day.