Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   pony keg prop bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208423)

DrSues02 09-10-2006 07:23 PM

Re: pony keg prop bet

Anyone heard of a beerball? Kind of like a small pony keg that you have special taps for..sold in liquor stores here in Ohio. Holds 55 beers.

We had a beer ball race last year. 2 person teams..no puking.

My partner passed out for the last 20 minutes and we finished in 4 hours and 8 min and lost by 15 min or so.

I probably had ~30 beers.

I'm 5'9" and 160 pounds.

DrSues02

neuroman 09-10-2006 07:45 PM

Where is that PJN thread on this topic? One full keg, two guys, two days was the scenario discussed to death in there. The consensus for that one seemed to be "virtually impossible."

CIncyHR 09-10-2006 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger. Too much water and no salt throws your body out of equilibrium. Your cells start take on water and expand, causing problems with your brain and other organs.

It seems like some college kids died from this in recent years during hazing activities etc, from just water and not booze.

It is a common thing to happen to marathon runners, etc, who are sweating out all of their salt and drinking too much water without any. This is why Gatorade etc is much better to drink to replenish your fluids and your salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a contest with friends one tiem to see who could drink the mmost water w/o going to the bathroom. The winner drank 38 12 oz. glasses in about an hour and forty-five minutes. When the contest was over, both the winner and 2nd place immediately puked it all out, and the runner up was in really rough shop. His vision was blurred, he could barely talk, and he was ont he verge of passing out. He was fine about an hour later after we force fed him some food.

IggyWH 09-10-2006 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 beers an hour for 4 hours. Putting it like that, it doesnt sound that improbable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever do a power hour? Now, double the amount of beer you drink every minute and do it for 4 hours straight.

I have no doubt that this is not possible.

Godfather80 09-10-2006 07:55 PM

Take all of the action you can handle. Make sure a 3rd party holds the money because if these two guys really make a run for this, they will probably end up in the hospital after FAILING.

One proviso: make sure that a 3rd party purchases, taps, and pours all of the beers.

The only way these guys can be so confident is that they have a scam set up. Nobody is able to drink 42.5 beers in 4 hours. This bet seems to good to be true, so it probably is. Make sure the setup is fair and square. Then, bet your parents' house.

xorbie 09-10-2006 07:58 PM

i bet this guy could do it:

[ QUOTE ]
Bulgarian doctors tested a man's blood-alcohol level five times before accepting it was 0.914 – nearly twice the amount considered to be life-threatening.

The 67-year-old man landed in hospital on Dec. 20 after a car knocked him off his feet in the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv, police and doctors said Tuesday.

A breath test indicated blood-alcohol levels so high that police thought their equipment was broken, because the man remained conscious and talked with them.

The head of Plovdiv police, Col. Angel Rangelov, said five separate lab tests taken the same day confirmed the man's blood-alcohol level of 0.914.

A blood-alcohol level of 0.55 is considered potentially fatal.

In comparison, the Bulgarian man's level was more than 11 times higher than the legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers in Canada, which is 0.08.

The man, who has not been identified, was reported to be in stable condition after being treated for head injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Klompy 09-10-2006 08:01 PM

He'd have to start out sober though, and getting this man sober would prob kill him.

Rootabager 09-10-2006 09:06 PM

I dont think they are trying to scam me or anything. They are some of my best friends and I grew up with them.

I know alot of you guys have jobs and responsibilites. These are 2 people that are 24, fat, unemployed ( one with a serving job)That have been binge drinking since they were 15.

if 5'9 160 can drink 30 beers. Im pretty sure someone that weights TWICE as much can take down 40.

benfranklin 09-10-2006 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you google "Water Intoxication" you'll find that when you reach somewhere around 1 qt. of water per hour you become in serious danger. Too much water and no salt throws your body out of equilibrium. Your cells start take on water and expand, causing problems with your brain and other organs.

It seems like some college kids died from this in recent years during hazing activities etc, from just water and not booze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wiki: Water Intox